Sign in to follow this  
hvw

OPTIMIZE_DENSE_CLOUDS

Since a couple of days I have noticed that my OPTIMIZE_DENSE_CLOUDS setting in prepar3d.cfg is being reset to "1" after I shut down P3D v2.5. When I set it to "0" again before firing up P3D it will be reset to "1" on shutdown. This happens no matter if ASN has been/is running or not. Any idea how I can prevent this setting to be automatically reset time after time?

Thanks,

Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

Are you positive your setting of 0 is actually being saved. I know of no reason that P3D could reset it, so it seems plausible that 0 may not be saving. Possible that you have lost permission to change file or the file has somehow been set to read-only in the file properties (I cannot think of anything else that makes any sense).

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

What does it even do?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

if you set it to zero in your main Prepar3d.cfg and then load another config file with it set to '1' your prepar3d config file will inherit the setting. You need to go through all your custom files and ensure OPTIMIZE_DENSE_CLOUDS=0 is set.

Thanks guys, it appeared that I completely overlooked that ASN's Xgauge was still installed for my aircraft. After uninstalling this gauge all was OK again.

When this option is set to 1 you will notice a (small) performance hit, hence my question :)

Thanks,

Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)