Sign in to follow this  
Gregdpw

Ksan payware

i see that Ksan is available through latinvr. Is this pretty much our only option for San Diego?

Also is the sim market safe? Is it just like the flightsim store?

There's no bad scenery by LatinVFR. KSAN is one of their even better ones, in terms of the area covered and the eye-candy placed outside the airport boundaries. (There's pretty good freeware for the airport and the vicinity, though.)

I'm a long-term customer of simMarket; unlimited redownloads and consistently good download speed.

Agree with Oliver.

As far as options, there is a photo real freeware that is very good, as well as the Coronado Bridge and area buildings (if you want them, but adding them can be tough on the frames).

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

No AES Support for moving jetways in P3D...thats my only problem with it. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Big silly looking runway lights / approach lights in FSX, otherwise it's decent.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

It looks like it has decent surrounding scenery. Thats my only complaint about fsdt klax. It's so obvious it's just a big square from up above

LVFR SAN has some poor texture loading issues though....  as you look at it the textures populate into view...(especially from a distance)...  kinda weird.  I thought getting a GTX 970 would fix it but it didn't have any change from my GTX 570.  Maybe it doesn't happen to others... I'm not sure.

For 20 bucks I'd still buy it.

I actually prefer their KSNA rendition better than KSAN.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I have LVFR KSAN running in P3D v2.4 and for some reason it looks much better than it did in FSX, only little thing I notice with the textures is at the east end of Rwy 27 for some reason the tires on all my aircraft turn white on the lower half, odd. But only at the east end. Would also agree with Ryan that KSNA is a little nicer, a couple of litte issues with it KSNA, like instead of 20 R and 20 L they have 20 L on the taxiways as 2 L, but for the price both are well worth it.

for some reason the tires on all my aircraft turn white on the lower half

That's because the ground poly was originally coded for FSX and not P3Dv2 (which uses a slightly different system). Depending on how ground poly is compiled, some FSX ground poly will work in P3Dv2 and some will not. Unfortunately, one of my favorite airports from FSX--Aerosoft's Nice--does this as well. And it's pretty bad.

Model Converter X has a ground poly wizard that will recompile ground poly but, after messing with it for an hour or so, couldn't get it to work. There may be more to it than I can figure out.

I feel like I do less flying these days and more tinkering with scenery that I've spent who-knows-how-much on...

Greg,

Thanks for explaining it, and yes it does seem like we all end up doing a lot of tinkering instead of flying....

Cheers

Martin

Big silly looking runway lights / approach lights in FSX, otherwise it's decent.

Before LatinVFR fixed KSNA, those lights were really bad.