Sign in to follow this  
JohnG3

TileProxy R086 Questionable Performance Improvements

I put TileProxy R086 in the AVSIM and Simviation libraries.  I did this because a number of people wanted it and it was no longer available from the original source (via Facebook from Fonchy (https://www.facebook.com/TileproxySpain) and some other links that no longer worked).

Other people have claimed TP_R086 has better performance than the original TP_Beta8.  I myself have been unable to actually see any performance improvement over the original TP_Beta8 installation.  I cannot find a good test benchmark to prove there is an actual improvement??
I have found a good FSX/TP_Beta8 performance improvement by updating my “fsx.cfg” settings using the link below:
You may already use this tweaking tool.  I found that setting the FPS to Unlimited and using an AffinityMask has made major improvements with my FPS rate and smoothness.
I have found that running the “Resource Monitor” gives me a good idea about how effectively FSX is using all CPU cores and the overall CPU load.
I am asking anyone who has installed TileProxy_R086 update to please comment on their experience with regard to a performance improvement.

Thanks,
John G.

What performance boost did you expect? There should be no higher FPS inside FSX, but higher rate of scenery generation and therefore less blurries at higher flight speeds. Also you should notice that TP uses several cores of your CPU now (look into process manager for that). And FPS should be pretty much the same as with Beta8.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••