Sign in to follow this  
NoClue48

PMDG Operations Center and Update to v1.10.6461

Since I'm a fairly recent purchaser of these aircraft, I haven't been through the prior upgrade cycles and am confused as to exactly which steps will get me the latest version.

Starting today (or, at least today is the first I noticed), PMDG Operations Center informs me that an update is available and instructs me to go to the eCommerce page to retrieve it. Per the change log, the proposed update is to version 1.10.6461; assuming I have SP1d (v1.10.6436). When I hover over the zip file I downloaded on 03/09/2015, I am informed that I indeed have v1.10.6436.0 for the Base Package and for the Expansion Package that I downloaded on 03/10/2015.

When I go to the eCommerce page at the PMDG web site, all I see are the two orders on the dates above and they show as "Processed". Clicking on either order number takes me to the details of the orders; which both contain URLs for download and a key string. 

Do I download from these links and, if so, will they contain the update to v1.10.6461? Sorry if this seems obvious to everyone else--perhaps I'm just dense.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Larry Feickert

Eschew obfuscation...

Do I download from these links and, if so, will they contain the update to v1.10.6461? Sorry if this seems obvious to everyone else--perhaps I'm just dense.

Download the files from those links. They will contain the newest version - always.

Also, full names are required in the forum. Please include this in your posts in the future.

Kyle Rodgers

Okay, thank you.

I thought my name is/was there. I will re-edit my signature...

Larry Feickert

Eschew obfuscation...

Okay, thank you.

I thought my name is/was there. I will re-edit my signature...

Welcome. Thanks Larry!

If you need any more help, feel free to post here, or submit a ticket at support.precisionmanuals.com 

Kyle Rodgers

I have not updated to sp1d yet. Now that 1.10.6461 is out, is the recommended update procedure still to uninstall and reinstall using the 1.10.6461 downloads?

Thanks,

John

I have not updated to sp1d yet. Now that 1.10.6461 is out, is the recommended update procedure still to uninstall and reinstall using the 1.10.6461 downloads?

You can try installing over the top, but if odd things happen, just uninstall/reinstall.

Kyle Rodgers

An over-the-top install was possible with my P3D 2.5.  However, it took an uninstall and reinstall with FSX.  Not too cumbersome.  :rolleyes:

I'm already on Sp2D. Do I have to uninstall this Version and than run the new full-installer? Or Do I have uninstall only liveries before?