Sign in to follow this  
Fritte

Big square shadow on scenery airports

Hey, i have a huge shadow on my scenery airports by every daytime and weather on buildings and objects, but not on the aircrafts

I tryed diverend obtions in the DX10 controller about shadows, but nothing.

Please help me.

fsx201503315if43w67o2.jpg

Please ensure that the ground shadow setting is unchecked. The ground shadow setting is located in the FSX scenery menu below the autogen density slider.

Which airport scenery is shown above?

Wulf

I am fairly sure from the picture that's it's the legacy force shadow option which is on. It is described in the manual as causing false shadows on legacy scenery and airports and it usually looks just like that. It's useful with some old legacy fs8 aircraft but you really don't want it on if you fly to eg an Aerosoft or Flytampa airport.

Here is another example

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/457932-ovni-shadow/#entry3138563

If that isn't the issue then try missing texture alert but a missing texture would be unlikely to affect more than one airport.

Hm, i thought i fixed the problem but i have some graficbugs after a few minuts of flight and some airportlights doesn't work.

The problem with the shadow is fixed, it's an other problem

some airports need a lightfield.bgl for lighting to work refer to the manual

I strongly recommend NVIDIA GPUs for dx10. If you have an AMD Gpu you may suffer graphical issues unless you revert to an old amd driver such as 12.4. Reducing aa to 4x and setting water slider in Fsx to no more than 2.x low is a workaround that works for many Amd users.

You will find the description and installation guide for the lightfield option in the DX10 user manual under the chapter "Legacy Airport Lights" on page 48.

Yes that sounds like it, and you set the aa in dx10controller (not in ccc) to 4x and the fsx water slider was at 2.x low?

Setting either higher will definitely cause the problem, if you did set both exactly as specified then you must be unlucky.

Your only option is to use an old driver or change GPU.

I changed the GPU 2 month befor to the I7-4790k

Graficcard AMD Radeon HD 7950