Sign in to follow this  
TszChun

I have tried everything I can do for anti-aliasing but it doesnt do the trick :(

Having referred Steve's comments on this post, I have tried everything I can do for anti-aliasing, but it doesnt do the trick...
http://forum.avsim.net/topic/462722-really-bad-antialising-in-p3d-25v/

Firstly, I have selected P3D profile in NVIDIA Control Panel, restored and applied it.

Secondly, I made a change there in order to create a new profile, aniso mode to 16x in my case.

Thirdly, I got into Nvidia Inspector, loaded p3d profile, chose from the "Antialiasing - Transparency Supersampling" settings according to my p3d perferred setting (in-game 4xMSAA; NI 4xSGSS)

AND HERE IS THE RESULTS.

CASE 1 : in-game 4xMSAA + NI 4xSS + CP Aniso 16X
S27RDGN.png

CASE 2 : in-game 4xMSAA + NI 4xSGSS + CP Aniso 16X

SQdZNHd.png

CASE 3 : in-game 4xMSAA + NI 4xSGSS + CP Aniso 16X + DSR2.0x

2Ff2owF.png

CASE 3 : in-game 4xMSAA + NI 4xSGSS + CP Aniso 16X + DSR4.0x

KJ6A4EW.png

As you can see from the above screen captures, there is no actual effect of anti-aliasing...AND here is my FSX perfect anti-aliasing effect.
1eAd0yV.png

Can anyone help me to find out what I have missed??? Some people claimed that DSR is largely beneficial for anti-aliasing effect, but I cannot notice at all...Normally, if DSR factors are set, the words will become extremely small, but in my case there are no changes...I suspected that it is the problem of my graphics driver, so I have tried both 347.88 and 347.52 version, but they both dont have any effects I can see

What screen resolution did you set inside P3D? I guess DSR works only in full screen mode.

Spirit

When DSR was enabled, I chose the highest available resoultion in P3D display settings, then press ALT+Enter twice in order to make DSR effective, however there was still no actual anti-aliasing effect I could see

Normally, if DSR factors are set, the words will become extremely small, but in my case there are no changes..

DSR will not be activated in P3D with windowed mode unless you have also set your desktop resolution to DSR.

You might have to toggle between windowed/full screen to get it to engage.

If you are not seeing smaller text DSR is not happening.

All of your shots look a bit soft.

Do you have FXAA on as well?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

DSR will not be activated in P3D with windowed mode unless you have also set your desktop resolution to DSR.

OK...I just tried to set my desktop resolution to DSR, still not effect

KEJzi0K.png

Qzw9hxD.png

You might have to toggle between windowed/full screen to get it to engage.

so I have pressed ALT+ENTER twice...

Do you have FXAA on as well?

No, FXAA is DISABLED

K...I just tried to set my desktop resolution to DSR, still not effect

You need to check that "Blackout Desktop" box.

If you get it working do not use SGSS with DSR.

It will bring your system to it's knees.

x4 DSR, 20% smoothing and x4MSAA in P3D works well for me.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

You also need to change the Application - Mode within NI to "Enhance the application setting".  

Ryan

You need to check that "Blackout Desktop" box.

If you get it working do not use SGSS with DSR.

It will bring your system to it's knees.

x4 DSR, 20% smoothing and x4MSAA in P3D works well for me.

gb.

Thanks gboz! After checking the box, the anti-aliasing is a little bit better now. 

I have tried servel combinations of settings including your recommendation. Unfortunately, the effect is still not as good as FSX...In-game 4xMSAA with NI 4xSS is still far from satisfactory, but performace when SGSS is enabled is, as you mentioned, BAD! 

Are there any recommendation? Just like FSX, I can get a very good anti-aliasing effect without performance dropping a lot...

You also need to change the Application - Mode within NI to "Enhance the application setting".  

Do you mean "Antialiasing - Mode" ? I cant see any difference after I set  "Enhance the application setting".    :(

Do you mean "Antialiasing - Mode"

Yes that's what I meant...sorry.  Try resetting your nvidia control panel and NI to default settings and then just make changes with NI.  I only use NI to avoid conflicting settings with nvidia control panel.  Don't expect perfect AA, it's really the last remaining issue with P3D for me.  Hopefully we will have an nvidia profile soon :Waiting: .

Ryan

So.. you all recommend the DSR settings?

Without doubt, DSR provides a A LITTLE BIT BETTER (NOT THE BEST) effect of antialiasing, but it is still far from my expectation comparing with FSX's...

I really want to switch from FSX to P3D, but P3D's antialiasing is still not really good...

I really want to switch from FSX to P3D, but P3D's antialiasing is still not really good...

But you already have P3D installed! I suspect you mean you will continue to use FSX and not use your registered and paid for version of P3D on your computer as the P3D AA is not really very good. I have found that the AA for FSX is not very good either and requires a whole lot of tweaking the settings in NI.

Your texture resolution of 1024 is not very good in your settings above. Is that exactly what they are set in DX10 Preview? P3D likes HD graphics.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Without doubt, DSR provides a A LITTLE BIT BETTER (NOT THE BEST) effect of antialiasing, but it is still far from my expectation comparing with FSX's...

DSR 4x (33% smooth) + internal MSAA 4x + internal AF 16x provides a GREAT improvement, but no perfect.

The top would have SGSS 8x, but it is impossible in P3D 2.x.

For this reason, I avoid flying in the middle of the day, when the aliasing is more evident.

So you can't use your flight sim because of some slightly jagged lines? FSX and P3D are different beasts graphically, You cannot say oh because FSX does this P3D should. Get the sim for simming or stick with FSX for straight lines...

Most of the suggestions above are the best you can get with P3D until either they implement a new method for us or gfx cards are so powerful that SGSS is not even blinked at...

I see...thanks for everyone's comments and recommendations.

In fact, I really want to switch to P3D as it saves much time of tweaking stuff, but sadly in my point of view the graphic is far from my expectation. I would say I would use both FSX and P3D depending on types of flight.

But you already have P3D installed! I suspect you mean you will continue to use FSX and not use your registered and paid for version of P3D on your computer as the P3D AA is not really very good. I have found that the AA for FSX is not very good either and requires a whole lot of tweaking the settings in NI.

Your texture resolution of 1024 is not very good in your settings above. Is that exactly what they are set in DX10 Preview? P3D likes HD graphics.

Best regards,

Actually I didnt do anything on DX10 Preview...Do you mean that my graphic doesnt match with the settings?