Sign in to follow this  
Augustin320214

Skymaxx pro and Real terra haze?

Hi,

Is it possible to use skymaxxpro together with real terra haze? Does it increase/decrease performance?

I'm an FSX migrant and haven't touched it since I came to X plane, I only have low performance when flying in clouds and heard that skymaxx adresses this issue somewhat

Thanks in advance for your information/opinion.

Kind regards

Yes, I use both together. SkymaxxPro increases performance over the default clouds, and both together really change the look of the sim.

You don't have to, but you may want to tweak the settings to suit you. I just use the default settings "Preset 4", and love it. I've not had to touch it since. It doesn't any configuring to work with SMP

Ok have to get it, getting 60 FPS with weather off, but if I turn "real world"-weather on, It goes to the minimal frame rate of 19 :-S

Clouds only on 20%, preset 2 in RTH

Ok have to get it, getting 60 FPS with weather off, but if I turn "real world"-weather on, It goes to the minimal frame rate of 19 :-S

Clouds only on 20%, preset 2 in RTH

What are your cloud rendering settings? (% cloud puffs)

What level of Antialiasing are you using in the rendering settings?

Even better, post a screenshot of your settings if you can, for something is awry.

You should get much better performance than that.

I was flying the Flyjsim 727 On a default Airport

EDIT: seems screenshots are not showing up ;-s

EDIT2: My cloud puffs are only on 20% in the settings

OK video card, driver version, HDR on/off, and anti-aliasing level please (it could be important).

I already fixed it... I had FXAA-2SSAA set, reduced it to FXAA and everything is fine now, Seems my GTX760 couldn't handle it, I do have a weak CPU...

I already fixed it... I had FXAA-2SSAA set, reduced it to FXAA and everything is fine now, Seems my GTX760 couldn't handle it, I do have a weak CPU...

Glad you got it sorted, AA is always a suspect in cases like these. Happy flighting!! :wink:

Skymaxx Pro is faster for one main reason - it goes back to the X-Plane 9 default version of cloud rendering, i.e. it uses PNG files to render the clouds. X-Plane 10 actually creates the 3d puffs volumetrically, which is why it's substantially slower. It also looks better. I bought Skymaxx as I believed the hype and after installing I was severely disappointed - X-Plane 10 seemed to have taken a step back to XP9. Uninstalled and immediately got better but slower clouds. As of the more recent versions of XP10, cloud rendering appears to be much faster than usual.

Skymaxx Pro is faster for one main reason - it goes back to the X-Plane 9 default version of cloud rendering, i.e. it uses PNG files to render the clouds. X-Plane 10 actually creates the 3d puffs volumetrically, which is why it's substantially slower. It also looks better. I bought Skymaxx as I believed the hype and after installing I was severely disappointed - X-Plane 10 seemed to have taken a step back to XP9. Uninstalled and immediately got better but slower clouds. As of the more recent versions of XP10, cloud rendering appears to be much faster than usual.

I'm with you. SMP doesn't look nearly as nice as the XPX default clouds to my eye.

Skymaxx Pro is faster for one main reason - it goes back to the X-Plane 9 default version of cloud rendering, i.e. it uses PNG files to render the clouds.

This is not true. Not even close.

Founder of X-Aviation

This is not true at all, please read up before posting this http://sundog-soft.com/sds/

How can that GTX760 not handle 2SSAAxFXAA ? My GPU a HD 7750 2 GB looses only 3-4 fps if I enable 2SSAAxFXAA during Clouds to 10% with Cumulus BKN and SCT ,OK OK not that I am getting 30-40 fps with my Desktop but still 18-19 minus 3-4 fps if 2SSAAxFXAA enabled.

Most of my settings are maxed except a couple.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus