Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

Another X-plane Scenery Developer taps out.

Followers and supporters,

After throughly running an analysis on the profitability of the X-plane add-on market, we regret to announce our withdrawal of our development for X-Plane, and ultimately decided to move on to bigger platforms that is more profitable such as Microsoft Flight Simulator X and Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D. This is to ensure that we have the least chance of falling into financial troubles for our future of developing payware assets for flight simulation. Although this decision will spark some controversy and opposition, this decision was not an easy task for us and we only did this to keep the ABSim brand up and running. Again we sincerely apologise to those who are disappointed in this decision.

But without further ado, we present to you our new and refreshed brand for MSFS and P3D development, we are launching three new payware scenery projects and two new freeware scenery project in an attempt to rapidly expand into the new market, years of experimentation of techniques in MSFS scenery development allowed us to do at such a pace.

We have also joined forces with other well known scenery developers such as FlyTampa and FlightBeam Studios to launch an all new service similar to frequent flyer programmes. We will introduce a frequent buyer programme to promote our products and allow you to be rewarded by the products you purchase from us.

Over the next coming days, we will provide further information about this transition and unveil the new programme. For now, we are sorry to see our xplane followers leave and in the future we hope to see you again.

Kindest regards,

-Peter Tram

https://www.facebook.com/aerobridgestudios?fref=nf

And there you have it - small market, small money, no product...  It takes serious backing to develop new paths.

DJ

The name's not familiar. What sceneries have they produced?

NAX669.png

As a new user of XPlane, the scenery which comes for free from many in the XPlane community is in many respects just as good as those who charge and more often then not is more then acceptable. I for one do not pay much attention to payware scenery (and this comes w/ experience) and look at it as a money pit. I spend far more time flying in the acrft and enjoy it far more then the few minutes I am at any airport. My sim experience over a year will take me to airports world wide by the dozens and dozens. But for many, payware is worth the expense, just not for this simmer.  ^_^

And w/ or w/out April Fools day, my comments stand :P

And there you have it - small market, small money, no product...  It takes serious backing to develop new paths.

DJ

I love the instant assumption for an April Fools prank.

;)

I think they had a couple of freeware things; I saw the name Aerobridge around but never actually saw any of their work in anyone's screenshots. Presumably they weren't impressed by the downloads they saw giving it away for free and decided if they charged things would be even worse.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Good luck.  I have not and will not plan to purchase anything for FSX or P3D.  All my purchases are for X-Plane.  FSX and P3D are limited 32-bit programs with 2GB RAM limits and I don't see anything much in their future.  What a short-sighted decision.

The name's not familiar. What sceneries have they produced?

Exactly, never heard of them. 

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Pretty sure this is April fools. I'd be highly surprised if otherwise.

Founder of X-Aviation

Don't know if it's April fools or not. But non the less, I'll still be purchasing payware for both X-Plane & FSX, well into the future. The 32bit limitation means nothing to me. IMO, scenery such as Orbx, with it's airports & FTX global, make a fantastic GA sim out of FSX. I've mentioned comparisons before. I'll take a flight from KSLC (Salt Lake City) to Jackson Hole, Wyoming with X-Plane. The mountains look great! I've done this flight in real life many times.  The sunsets are really special!  Then I'll cross over the Teton mountain range to the Idaho side. X-Plane now becomes repetitious and boring. This is where Orbx takes over for FSX. It all looks great, and makes flying on to Yellowstone a fun experience.  Orbx also has it's own dusk & night lighting which looks great. I plan on quite a few more Orbx sceneries in the near future. More planes for X-Plane too.  At this point, I have nice eye candy scenery, well done flight models, and fast running smooth sims, for both. No reason to artificially limit myself. I7  3960x/Geforce 980 

Sounds like a number game.  This developer will try with a much larger market with the hope of gaining small percentage of a bigger pie.  Most of my payware airport purchase for XPX turns out to be a waste of money as the free stuffs exceeded my expectation.  Aerosoft seems to have a few decent ones, but they price them out of the market.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Never heard of them either. I think they could have left quietly and no one would have missed them.

April fool's day I would guess.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo