Sign in to follow this  
lewblok

CTD after installing FS2Crew with pmdg737ngx

The FSX program ran for a while while going through the install and setting up and then CTD.  The only addons I have is these two  (Fs2crew and pmdg737ngx).  I have been flying the pmdg and not having any problems in the tutorials except crashing into the ground, but will get it down eventually.  My question is this FS2Crew overloading my machine and making it CTD? I do appreciate any help.  Thanks

Lewis Block

My question is this FS2Crew

Please do not place links to e-mail programs in your topic. I clicked on FS2Crew and got nothing but an offer to open up gmail or yahoo. Links like this in posts sometimes lead to malicious websites when members click on them and can possibly cause damage to their computer systems. It is a very dangerous practice.

Where is your crash report (see page 1, AVSIM CTD Guide)?

When you install any product for FSX, you need to make sure you right click the program and select Run as Administrator. You also need to make sure UAC is disabled and any anti-virus program is disabled. This will help ensure the product is installed properly. Programs like this use Microsoft Visuals to make sure the product is installed properly. It is a possibility that Microsoft Visual C++2005 w/SP1 and 2008 w/SP1 is not installed or up-to-date. Page 6 of the AVSIM CTD Guide provides the correct versions and further guidance.

An entry has to be made in your dll.xml for FS2Crew in order to make it run properly. It could have been corrupted.

PMDG737NGX and FS2Crew are resource intensive so, if you have your fsx settings set too high, your video card display card settings set too high, then FSX will CTD. Sometimes immediately, sometimes after 2 hours of flight, sometimes after 8 hours of flight but it will eventually crash if settings are set too high. Try the settings we offer in the AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide.

Another thing about settings: some members will report they have conservative settings so that cannot be the cause. I, and no one else know the configuration of your computer system or whether it is overclocked, or if you have a power supply that is powerful enough to run your display and system under intensive stress from running FSX and FSX addons. You could have tweaks in your config that are wrongly configured. Many members throw in the BufferPool tweak even though they have no idea why they threw it into their config. The BufferPool tweak causes instability in most systems. It only works for people who know exactly why it was employed and know the exact parameters. What works on my system will definitely not work on your system. The AVSIM CTD Guide provides even more information and shows probable causes for certain crashes and, in most cases, solutions to fixing the problem.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks for the reply, and sorry about the link, did not now that was a link without the www.  I have an older machine and it is probably getting overworked.  Will do settings as you recommend.  Been thinking about a new computer just dedicated to FSX.  Again thanks for the prompt reply.

Lewis Block