Sign in to follow this  
metalrockerlion

Change Location OF FSX ?

As the community of experts have a few words of wisdom I will Like too ask a question . Understanding THAT FSX is Built Into 32Bit OS which limits it to only Using 4gb Of Ram ..

Seeing That the Strong advise is to Install FSX into into its own place On the C drive . What happens if you installed the program and the disk defaulted to the origin were the authors had decided to have it placed   C:/ Microsoft games/Flight simulator/Fsx?  I had this thing running with an average of 10- 25 frames per sec , But lovingly added the PMGD 737 and the frames Have gone to the Dog pile yard , Also seeing Fatal Errors Which is pointing to that 32bit Cap of 4gb In FSX is peeking above --( Love that 737 .. been working on them all my life   A&P mechanic)

Iam running REX But have stopped it while running the 737PMGD -- The question is will it help if I take the folder out Of C:Pro/86 and place it on the outside of the origin folder ?

I cannot un-install Because Disk I have will Not allow me to Uninstall But only repair and the dam thing I have repaired once when I had a q wings product installed -

What I have  for hardware  

AMD  8 core processor rated at 3.5MZ

nivida GTX 750 Tt Graphics card

I have set up My computer as pointed out in Nicks Bible OF FSX ..

I have My traffic X Pro 5c Installed

I have Few Planes Added but what is needed or otherwise  .. Settings are set by Nivida profile for FSX .. per Nicks Bible of FSX  for the graphics card

I have REX CLOUDS PLUS OVERDRIVE SP3

FSX IS OLD >> Thinking of flying X planes .But Want To stick It out for FSX because of THE PMGD 737

Any Suggestions . Esp Shall I take the Root folder Out C:Prog86 / microsoftgames/FSX .

Was considering just pasting the whole folder outside of the root folder and than updating addon software to default to that

Thanks Ahead Of Time

Arturo Holguin

I used the default folder for FSX for years and only changed when I rebuilt my computer and replaced the C: drive with a SSD.

You should not be having OOM problems with the NGX except in rare cases. Also, the NGX is now available for FSX, FSXSE and P3D so you have options.  I recommend you get Process Explorer and use it to isolate what is causing VAS problems.

Dan Downs KCRP