Sign in to follow this  
Eric Tomlin

Farewell to Tom Allensworth

Hello all

I'm sorry to announce that I've just learned that Mr. Tom Allensworth has passed away from a terminal illness earlier this morning around 5:30 AM. I was notified by his sister who is a family member (aunt by marriage) of mine. I'm sure that there will be more information forthcoming as folks are made aware, but please keep the family in your thoughts and prayers. Her message to me was "Tom passed this morning about 5:30a. Thanks for your prayers and kind words. AVSIM meant a lot to him and I'm sure he was aware of the support he from the AVSIM community". 

Hopefully a moderator or someone else at the helm will take this message and post it appropriately.

Edit- Here's a link to his announcement of the situation a few weeks ago for those that may have not been expecting his passing.

http://forum.avsim.net/page/index.html/_/pri-news/words-i-need-to-share-with-our-community-r2864

Also, Thank you to those who have worked diligently to keep operations on-going. 

Unbelieveable.  I thought for sure he had more time, but I know cancer is a nasty thing and doesn't have any mercy.  His family is in my prayers.

Chris Sunseri

So sad for someone relatively young. The only plus is that he didn't suffer for too long. Cancer is a dreadful disease and I hope a cure can be found.

My condolences to Tom's family. I'm sure he will have left AvSim management in good hands.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

So sad to hear this - Tom and family is in my prayers

Rich Sennett

Like Chris, I figured he would have more time. Cancer is a truly horrible disease, hopefully we can find a cure eventually. My condolences to Tom's family, I will have him in my thoughts & prayers this Easter weekend.

Very sad news.

I hope Tom got to read all the messages posted here by members ,and took some comfort from them.

I know that we can sometimes be an argumentative and hot headed bunch , but a lot of warmth and kindness was expressed in those posts ,a lot of decency and the noble side of what it is to be human was shown.

Goodbye Tom.

Andrew.

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Heart goes out to family.

Godspeed Tom.

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

My heart dropped the minute I saw the topic name. 

RIP sir. I will never forget the words you shared with me in private after my grandfather's passing..

May you rest in peace, and may your loved ones inherit the world you wished upon them.

Aamir Thacker

My condolences to his family. Hope he didn't suffer much.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

A sad day for our community.   Rest in Peace Tom.  You will be missed... your legacy shall remain FOREVER.

WAT1460.png

Fair skies and calm winds as you fly West...

RIP Tom; you will be sorely missed, and fondly remembered.

Alan  :(

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

My condolences to Tom's family may you rest in peace,thanks for everything.

Mo45

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.