Sign in to follow this  
cmschube

Traffic Alert/Traffic Routing

Hey All - 

Anyone have an issue with VoxATC wanting to reroute you because of traffic alerts in every mission/simulation? Honestly, I think it's a great idea, but the fact that it happens every time in a simulation is incredibly frustrating. Especially at times when the PMDG is telling me "Traffic! Traffic!" it does nothing, but when there's no other traffic anywhere near me it wants to re-route me.. and not just "change your heading 5 degrees to avoid", it usually sends me about 50-60 nm off course (usually in a near loop)... Like I said, it's a great feature, but really annoying (might be too harsh a word) that it happens in every mission.

TIA - 

Chris

P.S. FSX, PMDG 737NGX, VoxATC 6.5.1, MyTraffic 2013 (Did it before i installed this), GSX, etc, etc

I disabled it for that reason. Rather than adjusting your course, it has you do a 360.

NAX669.png

Precisely!!

You can uncheck the "Enroute Traffic Directions" or whatever, which seems to work, but I'd really like to know the "why" of it... And maybe a "hey.. for the next release.." type thing..

I'm glad to know I'm not crazy though!

Tegwyn, the developer of VOX, doesn't frequent these forums so if you have a request or an idea shoot him an email. He's very receptive to suggestions.

NAX669.png

I have also disabled this as its quite random and annoying, like Mike says why not send Tegwyn an email with your problem/suggestion he is normally really quick at sending a response.

I actually just got done sending a message. Hopefully he/they can figure something out! Great feature, but I hope it can be made a little more realistic. 

I'll keep everyone posted to what I hear about it. 

Hey - 

Sorry I didn't post this before, but I did get an answer from Tegwyn.. Not really all that forthcoming, but an answer none the less.

Hello

I'm afraid that the traffic avoidance 'feature' needs work. I would not use it in the current version. We are looking at reworking this in a future version.

Regards

Tegwyn West

So, take that FWIW, I guess.. 

I had several incursions on the ground and in the air,.

Maybe some of them were my fault...Please see the following https://youtu.be/zqg1Eq_uY5I

My P3d v2.5 Turbine Duke v2 Mayday Orbx's NZ...NZAA-NZQN

Please advise!

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2