Sign in to follow this  
twharrell

ASN weather gauge?

I got Rolands great ASN gauge kinda working in the VC, thanks so much it works great. I'm using P3D so no Reality WX500. I used the 2D gauge and put it into the GTN 750 + Radar version of the VC. The result isn't perfect visually, but it is fully functional (buttons and dials are working). I tried the normal GPS VC version too, but no success because there is no "glass" surface. It would be great if maybe we could get another version with a working Bendix shell for the Roland ASN Radar?

Here a screenshot of the result so far:

MU2-RolASNRadar.jpg

Hey Nemex, is that the new VC textures or the default ones?  I am sitting on the fence with this bird because of the textures, but those ones in your screenie look pretty good.

John

Hey Nemex, is that the new VC textures or the default ones?  I am sitting on the fence with this bird because of the textures, but those ones in your screenie look pretty good.

John

Hi John,

I use the default textures from the 1.5 version. The textures are fine for me. I use P3D with 4096x4096px, 7cm resolution, VC panel mipmaps on, 16x AA filtering and MSAA 4x. No FXAA because it seems to blur things too much. Maybe it's my settings^^

Oh and the screenshot is a cropped version of my triple screen 7830x1440, so it is actually a bit oversampled.

Cheers

Andreas

Small update for the 1.6 version:

- Due to the changes Flysimware made I got Rolands ASN radar working in all VC. Thanks a ton for this!

- Default 3D-VC gauge is now overlaying the weather radar. This looks much better.

- Small problems with clickspots. I still used the 2D gauge to get full functionality. Because of scaling to fit it into the VC the clickspots are a bit off. They are still fully usable though, you just have to find them first.

All you have to do is to install Rolands ASN radar (read his great manual) and change the following lines in the panel.cfg files (located in panel.Main and panel.RDR_GTN):

find this lines:

gauge00=rxpWX500!RDR,0,0,512,380
gauge01=CONTROL_PANEL!clipboard RADAR,  90,50,330,250

and change to this:

//gauge00=rxpWX500!RDR,0,0,512,380
gauge00=RolasnRadar!ShellRadGauge, 11,-8,491,500, sweep|beam|icing
//gauge01=CONTROL_PANEL!clipboard RADAR,  90,50,330,250

Below you find 2 screenshots with the shifted clickspot areas marked with red in the 2nd one. The mouse pointer will change when you hover over a clickspot:

MU2-RolandASNRadar.jpg

MU2-RolandASNRadar-Clickspots.jpg

This is tested and fully working in P3D v2.5 (latest hotfix) and ASN SP3 (open beta).

hello, I have the click spots but the weather radar does not want to power on with version 1.6.

Thanks,

Mike Cameron

Never mind I needed to use the mouse wheel instead of left button.

is this the gauge that comes with ASN...or is it a 3rd party mod gauge?

Roland's ASN Radar  It's here in the library, and after getting it to work, it makes a nice alternative to RXP, and is priced right.

@Nemex

If you have a real VC shell with functionnal knobs (meaning knobs can be read as LVars), then I should be able to make a new version which could be fully integrated. No more need for clickspots.

Are the knobs 3D animated?

Roland

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

@Nemex

If you have a real VC shell with functionnal knobs (meaning knobs can be read as LVars), then I should be able to make a new version which could be fully integrated. No more need for clickspots.

Are the knobs 3D animated?

Roland

As far as I can tell they are static. I don't know how the WX500 will integrate (P3D user and don't own it).

Your gauge works very very well. The clickspots are just a minor thing. It works perfectly for setting the radar and after that I just watch this beauty doing its thing til touchdown.

Ok, if the knobs are static then...

Just to let you know that I have send a "suggestion" in HiFi forum to ask if they can provide profile/vertical data to their API along a track angle.

If they add it, I will create a profile view mode with the gauge, it would complete radar functions.

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites