Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Aerosoft Airbus Shared Cockpit Coming

Heads up Guys something very cool coming very soon - Aerosoft has created the ability to have a shared cockpit in the Airbus SP3 coming which will have this feature - this is going to be awesome - what do you think - I think there is a charge for this SP - big deal worth every penny - all ready have my first planned flight with Our own Rob - oh by the way you dont even have to be on the same version of P3D - me thinks it will be released this Friday - lets hope

Rich Sennett

I'm working with the developer (programmer) to help prevent computer security issues, hopefully before the release.  I hope to have a shared cockpit document that will help users protect their systems before engaging in shared cockpit.

I've been working shared cockpit for over 8 years, and as a former network engineer we were able to identify that shared cockpit can and will allow for every type of Malware to be transferred EASILY from one user to another.  Use Hamchi and you might as well grant full access to your system to the person you're flying shared cockpit with.

I know this is exciting, but I also hope you hear me.  The Malware that's out there today mutates exponentially and the state sponsored Malware code has been mutated by private individuals - and can be UNDETECTABLE when it's released. It takes weeks if not months before it's even seen by computer security providers.

I'll say this again... don't jump into this.  I was going to have a guide out in 30 days, but I'll try to get it done a lot sooner.

Please... for your own sake, listen to me on this.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I'm

Wow Dave I didn't even think of that - I'm listening thanks for the heads up on this - much appreciated

Rich Sennett

I think there is a charge for this SP - big deal worth every penny

SP3 will be free.

Kay Morten Magelie no.png

SP3 will be free.

Then shared cockpit would be a charge I would assume ?

Rich Sennett

No, as I understand it the shared cockpit feature is an experimental feature that they were planning to add to the coming A330. They are adding it to the SP3 for the A32X to test it.

Kay Morten Magelie no.png

No, as I understand it the shared cockpit feature is an experimental feature that they were planning to add to the coming A330. They are adding it to the SP3 for the A32X to test it.

Thanks much appreciated - take care

Rich Sennett

I was going to have a guide out in 30 days, but I'll try to get it done a lot sooner.

I've promised to have the Shared Cockpit Guide to the developer within 36 hours. It will be short, easy to understand and easy to implement, and will help to protect computers. 

I'd like to give High Praise to the developer for demonstrating concern for their customers in this regard! 

We'll get the guide posted when it's been approved.

Best to all.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

That's correct, its highlighted that its experimental and no fee for the SP.

we were able to identify that shared cockpit can and will allow for every type of Malware to be transferred EASILY from one user to another.  Use Hamchi and you might as well grant full access to your system to the person you're flying shared cockpit with.

I have clarified with Dave that shared cockpit module itself is NOT a security risk. However, what you use to connect the two shared cockpit together can be a security risk. Example is using Hamachi as Dave highlighted.

Joshua C.

WSSS

coloraerosofta320extdev.png

i will be looking and asking for people to fly with me in the a320 when sp3 is released, it worked fairly well in x-plane, i expect aerosoft will do a much better job, the longerr flights would be fun with someone to talk to lol

I have clarified with Dave that shared cockpit module itself is NOT a security risk.

Absolutely correct.

Let's all hold off on any discussions regarding the connection and computer security, just for a few days so Joshua and I can focus in on this - to help ensure everyone has a fantastic, and SAFE experience.

Thanks to Joshua for making this possible in our community.

Dave Hodges

All of this seems very interesting no doubt - when its all said and done this could be a game changer unless I have missed something - would be great if PMDG will look into this ability - I know the answer has I asked some years ago so I wont push it - thanks for the info Guys

Rich Sennett

Someone at the Aerosoft Forums said that this week we would see the new update  (On April 9th IIRC). I am looking forward to the many changes that will be included on this Service Pack.

Regarding the shared cockpit function, I like it! Many of my friends are looking forward to it. Specially myself as I dont fly with virtual checklists and copilot (Just do it everything myself)

Nicolas Matus Sepulveda

My Specs: Windows 10 Pro 64x // Intel Core i7 4770K // 32GB @ 2400 Mhz Corsair Vengeance // Asus Maximus VI Extreme // NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080TI // 500GB SSD and 2 TB HDD // Prepar3D v5 // FlightSimLabs A320-X, CaptainSim 767 and PMDG 737NGX - 747 QOTSII  // My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/vader7472 - My Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/vader7472

I am sorry but I am not opening my firewall for any of you simmers.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.