Sign in to follow this  
Claude Troncy

SID and STAR in the LWA option dialog.

Bonjour,

I am just trying the new beta and when I click on SID or STAR button nothing happens. 

Cheers

Claude

Claude Troncy

Have you identified any NAVDATA with SIDs and STARs in the OpusFSI Flight Plan options dialog. For example, browsing to your <SIM>\PMDG\NAVDATA folder then pressing the OpusFSI 'Reload' option.

The default (sample) OpusFSI data (courtesy of Navigraph) does not contain SID or STAR data, only nav aids and waypoints.

If you are relying on the OpusFSI default data and would like a copy of a default set of SID and STAR data then send me an email. If you got more recent data (e.g. The standard installed PMDG Navigraph data) then best use that.

Stephen :-)

I have sent you a personal message explaining how you can download the OpusFSI sample set of SIDs and STARs, and where to unzip them.

Bonjour,

I have the last month airac from navigraph.

In "Flight plan option" the navdata location point to the "FSX-SE PMDG" Navdata.

When I reload I can see the identified nav waypoints displayed.

When I look in the SID STAR report, everything is OK.

But in "LWA map options" the SID and STAR buttons does nothing.

I will try with your example of SID and STAR

Claude

Claude Troncy

No need to do that. Just check that your identified NAVDATA has SID and star data.

If you have selected PMDG then you should have a folder <SIM>\PMDG\SIDSTARS. Not all aerodromes or airports have published SIDs and STARs.

You can always look into the PMDG SIDSTARS folder and check the file yourself. It will be a text file called <ICAO>.txt.

OpusFSI also generates a SID and STAR report text file for any flight plan you have processed after updating the weather.

But make sure you have selected the correct NAVDATA source for your specific sim type in the Flight Plan options dialog and clicked on the Reload button.

For the LWA Map option simply specify the icao code in the Centre on Aerodrome box the click on the SIDs or STARs buttons. You should see a list displayed. Select one from the list and click on the view on map.

For PMDG make sure your have pointed to the actual PMDG NAVDATA folder in the flight plan options dialog.

What icao code (aerodrome) are you looking at?

It is OK now. I did not understand we must enter the ICAO code in the LWA  map options.

I thought that knowing the flight plan OPUSFSI would know the airports code.

Thank you again

Claude

Claude Troncy

The LWA Map option is more flexible and allows you to look at any airports SIDs and STARs even before specifying and processing a flight plan or updating the weather. You can also use it to examine the data for any of your alternates or any other location you may intend diverting or flying to.

Read the doc ! Read the doc ! That's why I always say...

Obviously I did not.

But as I will not be the only one,  when the text box is empty, may be OPUSFSI could display "NO SID found... Text box is empty" as when the ICAO code is wrong.

Best regards

Claude

Claude Troncy

We are going to either grey the buttons out or if on the ground assume current location for the SIDs and specified destination for the STARs.