Sign in to follow this  
Nashional

Saitek Switch Panel Default Actions

Love the new LINDA.!

How do I disable the default actions of the Saitek switch panel so I can fully customize it using LINDA?

FWIW, I use an instrument panel as well.

Hi Nashional

I am delighted that you like the latest LINDA version.  The Saitek panel functions were result of the excellent work by Cooly.  I believe you should be able to reassign different functions to the Saitek panel buttons but the display functions are fixed.  If you do this I suggest you use the GLOBAL or MULTI SHIFT options so that you do not lose the default functionality.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

I purchased the Satiek switch panel just because of LINDAs new features.

My specific issue is that I want some of the buttons on this panel to do something other than what they are labeled.

For example, I fly the Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended almost exclusively. The Cowl button on the switch panel doesn't do anything perceptible to the aircraft. So, using LINDA, I set this to control the cabin lights. Works great!

On the other hand, the de-ice switch does something (I can hear the engine pitch change), but no switches move in the aircraft itself. So, I'm not sure exactly what it's doing to the plane. So, I'd like to have the switch not do it's default action, but only an assigned action in LINDA. If I assign it something in LINDA, it seems to do both actions.

Is there a way to stop the default action?

Nashional

I am not sure what you are saying about stopping the default action.  Only the MCP radio panel has a default action due to the hard wiring.  Can you email me your config-hid-lua file for the Twin Otter (to linda@awginfosys.net) and I will try and see what the default action you are reporting.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

It's the default action of the panel itself (outside of LINDA). LINDA is working correctly. No issues there.

Take the switch "Beacon". Without any programming at all, the switch will properly toggle the beacon light in the aircraft (the default action of the switch).

If I want LINDA to toggle the AP with the Beacon switch, it will do that. However, the default action of Beacon (toggling the beacon light) will still engage. This default action is what I'm trying to stop.

Just wanted to let you know I discovered what was performing these default actions. It was SPAD. I didn't know SPAD would control the switch panel (I use it for the radio panel). So, I disabled its control of the switch panel and everything is all good now.