Sign in to follow this  
CKAJCA

Eaglesoft Citation X V2

I do not see an unofficial support forum for the Eaglesoft Citation X V2 so I apologise if this is in the wrong place.

Hi folks
I have recently bought the Eaglesoft Citation X and I am having lots of problems understanding how I should use the autopilot in conjunction with the FMS. I dont have any problems programming the FMS. I am however unsure what the various buttons do on the autopilot. Where can I get help? It is not a software issue but more my lack of understanding of the autopilot and how it should be used. I have Googled but cannot find anything that helps.

Regards Colin

Collin,

I'm not being coy, but have you checked the Flight Guidance Controller Manual and Tutorial?  Covers things really well.

If you're having a specific problem, I'd be happy to try and help.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Hello Dave

Wow, do I feel stupid. After I bought the plane I printed out all the PDFs so that I could read, study and make notes. It would appear that I missed one!!! Yes you guessed it the Flight Guidance Controller Manual. I am almost too frightened to ask now but where is the tutorial?

I am sure I will have some questions after I have read the manual so if you don't mind I will take you up on your offer of help. I am certain I will have questions. Is it better to put the questions on AVSIM? Thanks for your help so far.

Regards Colin

No problem.

Yeah, post them here is fine (Jim will move them to a different forum if appropriate).

Happy to help.  Also, one of the guys (Grant) in our group is REALLY competent in the X, you might consider dropping by our voice server and talking to him when he's around.  Note:  Sometimes the guys forget to log off, so if it says he's online and he doesn't respond... he's not ignoring you.  He has a real world flight schedule to contend with.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Don't overlook the six You Tube videos as well. B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Ron,

Would you be kind enough to post the links to the Videos your referencing?  Just to sort them from some of the non-developer based videos.

Thanks.

Dave Hodges

Our site, you tube links in left box... B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Is Eaglesoft going to make a version 3 for the CitationX? (2015 standard - graphics etc)

I sincerely hope Eaglesoft puts version 3 of the Citation X at the top of their to-do list.  Couple the absolutely outstanding systems of version 2 with a brand new, very high quality 3D model and there's no doubt that the final result would be a huge success.  There is a serious dearth of business jets across all flight simulation programs, and it's a class of aircraft that few developers have tackled.  If anyone can pull it off, Eaglesoft can.  Ron, I know you guys are hard at work on the XLS+ (looking real good btw), but do you have any updates on the Citation X v3?

I'm certain I remember talk of Leading Edge Simulations being the ones who would supply Eaglesoft with mesh and textures for the Citation X as well as the Citation II.  Is that still true?  

-Elliot

Intel Core i9 10900k @ 5.1 GHz / Asus Maximus Hero XII / Nvidia RTX 3090 FE / 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 CL16-16-16-36 / Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2 TB NVMe / Noctua NH-D15 / EVGA Supernova 1600 T2 / Honeycomb Alpha Yoke / CH Pro Pedals / Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant / HP Reverb G2

At this point the LES situation is slow but sure. XLS+ is on the front burner and we did start an Eaglesoft Flight Simulation facebook page which showcases a few livery shots.

Also behind the scenes website work being done and modeler recruiting for the CX750 Extreme 3.0 continues. Not just any one will do for that project... B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Also behind the scenes website work being done and modeler recruiting for the CX750 Extreme 3.0 continues.

Get in touch with Carenado, they cannot code to save their lives but boy can they model and texture.

That would be my dream team, Carenado making the model and textures with Eaglesoft handling the systems and FDE.

Carenado....can they model and texture.

Never tried to paint a Carenado have you?

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Hope this isn't off topic, but a v3 of the Citation 10 would be a blockbuster. I remember first flying the v1 back in A&P school! I'm incredibly happy that they have that project in the works!

We are not interested in collaboration with Carenado and we're sure they aren't interested in collaboration with Eaglesoft.

Competing companies and competing interests would preclude such a scenario.

We will say that their modeling/texturing is nice and causes others to step up their own game in that department.

However the FS market is more than visuals..

CX750 Extreme 3.0 will happen in due time. Meantime the Citation XLS+ 3.0 will have to suffice. B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

At this point the LES situation is slow but sure. XLS+ is on the front burner and we did start an Eaglesoft Flight Simulation facebook page which showcases a few livery shots.

Also behind the scenes website work being done and modeler recruiting for the CX750 Extreme 3.0 continues. Not just any one will do for that project... B)

Thanks for the update, Ron.  I've been a big fan of Eaglesoft for years, and I'll likely be first in line for that CX750 Extreme 3.0.  And yes, while Robert Kerr is making the XLS+ look great, let's get someone top notch on the X  B)

-Elliot

Intel Core i9 10900k @ 5.1 GHz / Asus Maximus Hero XII / Nvidia RTX 3090 FE / 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 CL16-16-16-36 / Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2 TB NVMe / Noctua NH-D15 / EVGA Supernova 1600 T2 / Honeycomb Alpha Yoke / CH Pro Pedals / Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant / HP Reverb G2