Sign in to follow this  
arsenerker

FSX-SE Nvidia Inspector doesnt override AA

Anytime

Rich,

About time you got the silver Stingray out for a run! Mine is ready for the golf course tomorrow!

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Rich,

Funny you mention that I pulled it out of moth balls yesterday - about time - have fun Jim what a feeling you get after 6 months and driving that beast down the road - rock star status again

Rich Sennett

I am a bit confused here.  Do you need a profile for FSX Boxes and FSX Steam, each with a link to fsx.exe or will NI apply the profile each time fsx.exe is executed?  I have found in Steam edition that I get shimmering mountain scenery in the distance and really bad screen tearing, especially when viewing top down....I don't get this in FSX and I am using the same fsx.cfg settings for both.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Funny I cant get NI to take - I import a profile and it does it but in sim no change - P3D 2.5 is wacko - brand new driver install on a new 2.5 install again - AA on aircraft and VC is just unacceptable - even new Titan X doesnt understand why - not my card benched it and blew all the other web scores away and stressed the heck out of it 

Rich Sennett

I have found that NVidia Control Panel and NVidia Inspector work just fine on FSX-SE (fsx.exe). NI 1.9.7.3, NVidia 347.88. However I always start with a fresh profile.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I have found that NVidia Control Panel and NVidia Inspector work just fine on FSX-SE (fsx.exe). NI 1.9.7.3, NVidia 347.88. However I always start with a fresh profile.

Hi Buddy

I am using NI 1.9.7.3, NVidia 347.88 but does not work for some reason even downloaded another copy of NI - does nothing in sim very weird never saw this before

Rich Sennett

Hi Rich.

If using DX9, start with a default profile and set:

Antialiasing - Behaviour Flags = Treat 'Override any' as 'App-Controlled'

Antialiasing - Mode = Override any application setting

Antialiasing - Setting = 4x4 [4x4 Supersampling (D3D only)] (or to something less)

...edited:

Antialiasing - Mode = Enhance the application setting

Hi Rich.

Hi Steve - DX11 on a Titan X - P3D 2.5 - figured out it will not take real time you have to shut down sim and re-start it - never had to do that before - thanks Steve

Rich Sennett

FSX-SE discussion sorry, hehe. And my copy and paste failed...

For DX9 that should be:

If using DX9, start with a default profile and set:

Antialiasing - Behaviour Flags = Treat 'Override any' as 'App-Controlled'

Antialiasing - Mode = Enhance the application setting

Antialiasing - Setting = 4x4 [4x4 Supersampling (D3D only)] (or to something less)

If using DX10 start with a default profile and set:

Antialiasing - Behaviour Flags = None

Antialiasing - Transparency Supersampling = 2xSS, 4xSS, or 8xSS

If the instruments still look poorly antialiased, then choose 2xSGSS, 4xSGSS, or 8xSGSS.

Been testing FSX and FSX-SE in DX9 and DX10, the NI profile works for both sims since they are both "fsx.exe".

Yes Rich, the FSX DX10 settings are very like what you would use for DX11 P3Dv2.

So the upshot of it all is that NI 1.9.7.3 + NVidia 347.88, work OK with FSX, FSX-SE, and P3Dv2. :D

Been testing FSX and FSX-SE in DX9 and DX10, the NI profile works for both sims since they are both "fsx.exe".

Yes Rich, the FSX DX10 settings are very like what you would use for DX11 P3Dv2.

So the upshot of it all is that NI 1.9.7.3 + NVidia 347.88, work OK with FSX, FSX-SE, and P3Dv2. :D

OK this answers a question I had regarding NI and dual install of FSX boxed and steam. I can just leave it alone as the NI profile for FSX will work on FSX-SE because both use fsx.exe as the executable.  thanks.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Any reason why you have not updated the driver to the latest release 350.12 ?

Breaks the PAPI lights in P3Dv2.5