Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Are there any good ATC addon that works with P3D 2.5?

I am looking for an ATC program that is compatible with P3D 2.5, does anyone know of one. I heard Pro-ATC is now compatible but on there homepage I don't see any information supporting that.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

You have the choice of a few... VoxATC, I think they do a trial version so you can see if you like it. Radar Contact which although is no longer under development, still has a lot of support available in these forums and works perfectly with P3D ProATC with the latest patch does work with P3D but you need to be fully aware of its history. I'm sure their are others too but those are the only ones ive tried or currently use in P3D.

Pro Flight Emulator also works in P3D 2.5.

NAX669.png

I am a very satisfied Pro-atc user. Works perfectly in p3d 2.5.

Jos Denis

I have used ProATC X for more than two years, and watched it grow from a good idea into a great program. I fly at least two, sometimes three flights every day, and use PATC each and every time. And 99.9% of the time it performs flawlessly. I don't think you can get much closer to reality other than flying online or for real! The latest release now handles holding and emergencies. I have recently created a FB ProATC X user group, where people can get advice, help or just regale us with there flight stories.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

A lot has been written about it on the AVSIM forums so not difficult to research. It's one of those programmes that people have opinions on. At the time I purchased it I knew it was effectively a beta version. The developer was initially very active and then suddenly development ground to a halt. Recently a patch was released that made it compatible with P3D. My own experiences with it is that it does work once you get to know it so you have to put some effort in.

Hey Mike,

I am considering purchasing ProATC, but I am concerned about it's support for AI traffic. On the ProATC website they specifically mention that ground AI traffic is not managed. However I have seen some post indicating the exact opposite that in fact AI traffic is managed both on the ground and in the air. I just picked up My Traffic V6 this last weekend. I am now in need of a good OFFLINE ATC add-on. ProATC looks like the one.

I don't want any AI 747's cutting me off.

Thanks

Benjamin Nash

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4 RAM CL14, Asus ROG Strix 4090, Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard, LG OLED C1 48". 

A lot has been written about it on the AVSIM forums so not difficult to research. It's one of those programmes that people have opinions on.

Particularly, ATC reviews/opinions have been difficult to interpret. I have been wanting a 3rd party ATC solution for FSX/P3D for quite a long time, but every one of these threads raises more questions than answers. Each product has its advantages and disadvantages, but none seem to "have it all."

I just want something with realistic voices that work well with GA traffic at small/medium sized airports.

Haven't been this indecisive with any other addon category.

:(

Just like BladderBoy I'd be interested in which one might be best suited for GA and smaller airfields, or in other words the best one to learn how to navigate a smallish plane through airspace.

or even one to just replace the stock ATC with better voices / regional accents...is that too much to ask?!

PFE does a good job with accents/sounds but there's just so much work to do beforehand with setting up runways in use and getting it to assign SIDs and STARs etc that eventually I lost interest.

Radar Contact is more fire up and go and generally does a decent job but I find the actual controlling to be very inefficient (descent to the platform alt 20 miles out etc) which is hardly how it's done these days.

I had a very bad experience early on with Pro ATC-X although it clearly had enormous potential. It desperately needed more voice packs/accents to give some variety although that may have improved somewhat now.

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

I been using Pro ATC for the last couple of months and really like it. I did read somewhere in the recent My Traffic discussion that someone has been using it and Pro ATC without any issues so maybe trawl through the threads about that.

From EGFF to YSSY