Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Odd behaviors w/ Simconnect+EZDOK 1.18.5 in Prepar3d 2.5

I am noticing strange things happening sometimes with simconnect and ezdok when using p3d 2.5. At certain times the simconnect popup window will show up and say something about not being able to connect. I don't recall the exact message but it was something along the lines of simconnect can't connect 10 seconds or something. and then EZCA won't show up under the Add-on Menu once P3D loads up. So I have to exit and load up the sim until EZCA finally shows up and is active.

I have a lot of add-ons and sometime the sim takes a very long time to load, especially when it loads the terrain, it usually pauses at 6% loading screen for maybe 5 minutes. At this point EZDOK won't be able to connect to Simconnect because its such a long load time. Is there any way to make it so that simconnect can "listen" longer so that it can let EZDOK load up properly?

Another issue is sometimes when I'm flying. I will completely lose keyboard shortcut control to switch views. ie (Shift+1, Shift+2, etc). These won't work no more, but I'm able to hit Shift+D to bring up EZDOK's control panel and switch my manually clicking on the different views. If anyone else notice these same issues then it could be related to the 1.18.5 version being a beta.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

The dev needs to increase the link time with simconnect - there are various situations where it might takes more than 10 seconds.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I've had both these thing happen and I do believe they are related to the Beta.  Whether or not they will be fixed if Ver 2 ever comes out is anyone's guess.  I got around the issue by putting a shortcut to EZCA.exe along side my Prepar3d icon.  You can start it after P3D and it will connect with no problem.  Same thing if it locks up.  I press the windows key to see EZCA in the task bar, Right-click it and close it out.  Then click on my EZCA icon it restart it and it generally seems to work after that.  It's a little easier for me, as I have 2 monitors and only run P3d on one of them.  I can then use the other to check charts, open and close programs as needed (EZCA included) and run Avlasoft EFB.

It's not a perfect solution, but I hope this helps you out a little,

John

This is perfect timing because I developed this probelm last night.  I installed model matching sets for vPilot which takes ages to load in the sim, and was constantly getting the more than 10 seconds failure to load message.  I'm glad I know what this is about now and Ole thanks for notifying about the 1.18.6 version.

I've been using the 1.18.6 version and the problem still persists. I have created a shortcut on the desktop and run it after P3d has started. Not ideal but a workaround. 

Pete

40282618105572517s.jpg

If you have FSUIPC, you can add the following lines in your FSUIPC4.ini file in the Modules folder:

[Programs]

Run1=READY,"C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe"

If you already have other programs starting in this manner, use the next available number (Run2, Run3, etc...). Also, you might have EZCA installed some other place, so make sure that it points to the right location.

Then either disable or remove the EZCA entry in exe.xml.

Now FSUIPC will start EZCA after the simulator has loaded.

Kay Morten Magelie no.png

If you have FSUIPC, you can add the following lines in your FSUIPC4.ini file in the Modules folder:

[Programs]

If you already have other programs starting in this manner, use the next available number (Run2, Run3, etc...). Also, you might have EZCA installed some other place, so make sure that it points to the right location.

How does this work if you are using TIR?  Under the 1.18 EZDOK installation you need to start TIR before P3D and that triggers EZDOK to load.     

I've been using the 1.18.6 version and the problem still persists. I have created a shortcut on the desktop and run it after P3d has started. Not ideal but a workaround. 

Pete

Pete - I have seen numerous references to v1.18.6 but only see v1.18.5 on the Ezdok beta thread.  Where are you getting v1.18.6 from?

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Pete - I have seen numerous references to v1.18.6 but only see v1.18.5 on the Ezdok beta thread.  Where are you getting v1.18.6 from?

I can't find it either

How does this work if you are using TIR?  Under the 1.18 EZDOK installation you need to start TIR before P3D and that triggers EZDOK to load.

It works just the same as before. Just start TrackIR first, then start Prepar3D. After Prepar3D is loaded and you're sitting in the cockpit, FSUIPC will start EZCA, which will then connect with TrackIR as usual.

The only difference between this method and starting EZCA via exe.xml, is that EZCA is not started until the simulator is finished loading.

Kay Morten Magelie no.png

It works just the same as before. Just start TrackIR first, then start Prepar3D. After Prepar3D is loaded and you're sitting in the cockpit, FSUIPC will start EZCA, which will then connect with TrackIR as usual.

The only difference between this method and starting EZCA via exe.xml, is that EZCA is not started until the simulator is finished loading.

Great, I will try this tonight.

[Programs]

as the saying goes " it did exactly what it said on the tin" great, much better this way, I had some issue with double entries on the task bar, now ok

many thanks

bob

[Programs]

This worked.  thanks