Sign in to follow this  
LachieS.101

Addon Manager Crashes Prepar3D on startup

I recently purchased GSX and was excited to use it. I loaded in to test it and it was fine. I shut off my computer and then went to do a flight the next day and my Prepar3D crashed on startup. There are no messages that pop-up and there is nothing in the Event Viewer. I have been into my dll.xml and exe.xml and have disabled everything and then added it back in one by one and came to the conclusion that it is the addonmanager.dll. I then uninstalled GSX and downloaded and installed the latest addon manager from the FSDreamteam website and re-installed GSX but to no evail. Would anyone be able to help me with this?

I then uninstalled GSX and downloaded and installed the latest addon manager from the FSDreamteam website and re-installed GSX but to no evail.

Did you reinstall with Admin privileges?  Was UAC disabled?  Was any anti-virus program running?  These are all common reasons for your issue.

Also, make sure you start up P3D with admin privileges.  You can go to the main P3D folder, right click on P3D.exe and then select properties.  Once properties are open, go to the compatibility tab.  Make sure at the bottom it shows that P3D will start up with admin privileges for every user.

Since this product belongs to FS Dreamteam, you should check their forums (either the GSX Forum or the General Forum) for solutions.  But I'm positive the above is the solutions to your problem.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I am still experiencing the same problem even with all the steps that you have detailed above. This is quite frustrating. I will try and post in the FSDreamteam forums. Thanks for the help though.

I have just had the exact same problem after downloading GSX and installing it tonight. I accept I am probably at fault, but it is a bit strange, two problems exactly the same except mine was on FSX.

At present, nothing seems to be able to get FSX back and it crashes on the opening scene (don't even get to the menu's page).

I've had the same problem - I tried uninstalling all of my addons that used Addon Manager, including A.M. itself - then it worked. I have no idea what the fix is though..I now use P3D and it works fine for me.

don't know  if this applies  to you guys  seems  that  when you install the latest  addon manager  it   changes  your ddl.xml    it  did  for me  and  a few others  in fsx

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/467103-fsdt-addon-manager-telling-me-my-xmls-are-corrupt/

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

don't know  if this applies  to you guys  seems  that  when you install the latest  addon manager  it   changes  your ddl.xml    it  did  for me  and  a few others  in fsx

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/467103-fsdt-addon-manager-telling-me-my-xmls-are-corrupt/

Of course it changes the dll.xml, that enables it to get in your Addons bar in FSX.

The entry should look like this:

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Addon Manager</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>bglmanx.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

But getting back to the problem, I still wonder why it happens. All I know is that without using any addon manager products, the sim works fine then.