Sign in to follow this  
steve howlett

tesselation?

Hi

I'm using p3d 2.5 and  noticed that if i don't put the tessellation up to max i can see the terrain loading underneath me.is there an issue with it in 2.5.

my FPS are locked at 27.so no issues there.

in mountainous areas it's very noticeable or flying low in ga i can see the terrain popping into shape.i have it set to high at the moment,can't set it to ultra as i get oom's

steve

Hi

I'm using p3d 2.5 and  noticed that if i don't put the tessellation up to max i can see the mountains loading underneath me.

screenshots please - not sure what you are getting at - thanks

Rich Sennett

Hi

I'm using p3d 2.5 and  noticed that if i don't put the tessellation up to max i can see the terrain loading underneath me.is there an issue with it in 2.5.

my FPS are locked at 27.so no issues there.

in mountainous areas it's very noticeable or flying low in ga i can see the terrain popping into shape.i have it set to high at the moment,can't set it to ultra as i get oom's

steve

I noticed a little bit of terrain mesh shifting myself when at lower altitudes.   It's not really something you can Screencap.  You need video to show it.   It's the price one pays for turing down the tess.   She gets feisty but boy is Tess a frame killer.   One would think that a GTX 980 could handle max tessellation without a frame hit but on my setup it does.  I fly with medium.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Hey Brian - how much of drop are you seeing? Running a 980 here as well and have just left it at Ultra... 

Hi guys

yes i'm using 980 also.if i put Tess at ultra i get oom's so i backed of 1 notch.

can.t really show it with a screenshot.

if i fly along and look down i can see the ground sort of taking shape.this is with dense setting.if i put it up to ultra that goes away ,but oom's start.

cheers

steve

Hi guys

yes i'm using 980 also.if i put Tess at ultra i get oom's so i backed of 1 notch.

So Steve down one notch gives you better terrain textures ? thanks

Rich Sennett

Hey Brian - how much of drop are you seeing? Running a 980 here as well and have just left it at Ultra... 

If I pull it back from Ultra down to Medium I am seeing almost a full 10 FPS jump but the terrain thins out a bit.   Not so much a problem at 40,000 feet.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

weird because if I use low Tess I get low FPS. I have it on Ultra and it work good with my 970....seeing the opposite you guys are is kinda odd.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

While on the subject: Im a AMD R290 user and see no fps icrease/decrease when shifting the slider. But I see also no big difference with the terrain either. There is a a checkbox in the CC under tesselation wich reads "AMD optimized". That I have ticket on. So my question is, does it do anything at all, or is it just plazebo? I noticed having no shadows when turned off. So there must be something going on. Why is it, that you with much more powerfull nvidia cards see such differences in frames?

weird because if I use low Tess I get low FPS. I have it on Ultra and it work good with my 970....seeing the opposite you guys are is kinda odd.

Exactly the same here. Also on a 970. Willing to experiment with lower settings though. On my 660ti I had to set tessellation low for performance.

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

So Steve down one notch gives you better terrain textures ? thanks

No rich i can see terrain popping as the ground adjusts to its different heights.annoying thing is ,it's right outside my windows

only if i turn up to ultra does this go away,last time i turned up i got an oom though.

thanks

steve

steve

Ah got yah Steve thanks for explanation - oh maybe find a new hobby lol kidding - maybe in 10 years we will have a sim that works and looks great right of the box

Rich Sennett

I used to have terrain popping/bulging, both P3D v1.4, 2.4, and 2.5. That was when I was running FSGenesis mesh.

After my recent install of Pilot's Ultimate mesh, though, it is rare and the ground flows smoothly by. I do run Orbx, which is highly simpatico with Pilot's. 

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Hi john

i can see this in Orbx regions.i don't go outside them . these have mesh already so i don't think it's that.

cheers

steve

Just did a test 

one down from max and then max, I gained when I went to max GTX780 6GB. 107 to 110fps.

FTX Global/Vector/OLC

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip