Just ordered this bad boy...  Rob, what are your thoughts on 4k gaming?  

Anyone have any experience with this monitor?

Thanks!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824025007

Learn more about the LG Electronics 31MU97
General Brand LG Model 31MU97 Cabinet Color Black Display Screen Size 31" Glare Screen Yes Recommended Resolution 4096 x 2160 Viewing Angle 178° (H) / 178° (V) Display Colors 1.073Billion Brightness 320 cd/m2 Contrast Ratio DFC 1,000,000:1(1000:1) Response Time 5ms Panel IPS Connectivity Input Video Compatibility Digital Connectors HDMI, DisplayPort HDMI 2 DisplayPort DisplayPort x 1, Mini DisplayPort x 1 USB 3.0 USB 3.0 1 up 3 down Convenience Stand Adjustments Height (Range : 140mm) / Pivot / Tilt -5°~15° Stand Built-in Speakers 5W x 2 (MaxxAudio Virtual Surround) VESA Compatibility - Mountable 100 x 100mm

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

i just spent 1800 ona 55 in 4k tv 240hz for p3d and people said my 970 won't pull it, so i screwed myself

I have a TitanX.  I also already have a 40 inch and 65 inch 4kTV in my office and bedroom but I sim at my desk and even the 40 inch just occupies too much space for me.  That is why I loved the idea of a 31 at 4096x2160...    Just wondering if I made the right decision as well :)

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

i just spent 1800 ona 55 in 4k tv 240hz for p3d and people said my 970 won't pull it, so i screwed myself

Can you write that in English?

I'm waiting for G-Sync ips 4K's

We'll have a few to chose from shortly. 

Floyd Stolle

www.stollco.com

write what in english?

I think he means have you actually plugged it in yet and tested?

Rob A reported the 970 ran his 4K quite well.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Rob A reported the 970 ran his 4K quite well.

I was surprised at how well it worked with my 4K ... but obviously you can't max everything out, I can't do that with my Titan X either.  Terrain Shadows seem to cause stutters with my Titan X in mountain areas at dawn/dusk.

Rob, what are your thoughts on 4k gaming?

Spec's don't say HDMI 2.0  only that it has 2 HDMI ports ... but you have DisplayPort options so no need to be worried about HDMI 2.0 or not.  I didn't see a list of what resolutions it supports and at what refresh rate it supports them?

For twitch type gaming you'll want 60Hz, for Flight Sim 30Hz works very well.  With a Titan X you should have no problems staying above 30 FPS and in many cases you'll be able to stay above 60 FPS for flight sims.  For twitch games no issues with staying over 60 FPS so 60 Hz will work well there.

Cheers, Rob.

I was surprised at how well it worked with my 4K ... but obviously you can't max everything out, I can't do that with my Titan X either.  Terrain Shadows seem to cause stutters with my Titan X in mountain areas at dawn/dusk.

Spec's don't say HDMI 2.0  only that it has 2 HDMI ports ... but you have DisplayPort options so no need to be worried about HDMI 2.0 or not.  I didn't see a list of what resolutions it supports and at what refresh rate it supports them?

For twitch type gaming you'll want 60Hz, for Flight Sim 30Hz works very well.  With a Titan X you should have no problems staying above 30 FPS and in many cases you'll be able to stay above 60 FPS for flight sims.  For twitch games no issues with staying over 60 FPS so 60 Hz will work well there.

Cheers, Rob.

Thank you very much Rob!  It is 4096x2160 @60hz.  Just arrived about an hour ago and quite frankly I am gobsmacked...  The additional real estate, the clarity, I really can't believe my eyes.  I can see so much more in the VC now there is little reason to even have to pan for controls.  I can't wait to fire up iRacing and Assetto Corsa and actually have peripheral view now!  Going to be a game changer finding an apex :)

I know you have been preaching this for a while but I am now officially converted and a member of your flock :)

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Can you write that in English?

I believe the original message is supposed to convey the idea that a large amount of currency was spent on a technical item which peers later suggested was too complex for the existing equipment to fully utilize, at which point an inappropriate sexual act was committed. 

I believe the original message is supposed to convey the idea that a large amount of currency was spent on a technical item which peers later suggested was too complex for the existing equipment to fully utilize, at which point an inappropriate sexual act was committed. 

LOL!!!  

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Just ordered this bad boy... Rob, what are your thoughts on 4k gaming?

Anyone have any experience with this monitor?

Thanks!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824025007

Learn more about the LG Electronics 31MU97

General Brand LG Model 31MU97 Cabinet Color Black Display Screen Size 31" Glare Screen Yes Recommended Resolution 4096 x 2160 Viewing Angle 178° (H) / 178° (V) Display Colors 1.073Billion Brightness 320 cd/m2 Contrast Ratio DFC 1,000,000:1(1000:1) Response Time 5ms Panel IPS Connectivity Input Video Compatibility Digital Connectors HDMI, DisplayPort HDMI 2 DisplayPort DisplayPort x 1, Mini DisplayPort x 1 USB 3.0 USB 3.0 1 up 3 down Convenience Stand Adjustments Height (Range : 140mm) / Pivot / Tilt -5°~15° Stand Built-in Speakers 5W x 2 (MaxxAudio Virtual Surround) VESA Compatibility - Mountable 100 x 100mm

What kind of frame rates are you getting in Xplane ?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

What kind of frame rates are you getting in Xplane ?

Don't use X-Plane but really haven't seen too much of a hit in most places at 4k using the TitanX over my old monitor at 2560x1600.  I think the Titan was under-worked at the lower resolution. 

With that being said the immersion factor and having the huge peripheral view is amazing.  Couldn't go back now.

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk