Sign in to follow this  
edetroit

UUEE to LTBA, AFL2130 test flight shots

It does amaze me how much work has to be done before a satisfactory FS flight can be made.

Needless to say DD's UUEE required a lot of fixing.

Taxi2Gate decided FS9 was not worth the effort so I installed some freeware LTBA "2008"

Well yet again another scenery with some land class files that need separating from the main folder.

It had no approaches so I tried to write them with ADE….ADE was not having it and would not compile because of the way the afcad was created. So I had to write them separately.

I took some screens of my first test flight….hopefully a video will follow.

fsscr130_zpsryealmvt.jpg

Expediting a DEDUM 6G Rwy 25L departure FV 2E transition….with some awesome cloud action.

fsscr132_zpslev7qnoc.jpg

Cruising at FL350 Mach 0.78

fsscr135_zpsrcnid6ku.jpg

Cleared by FSATC for a YASEN 1E Rwy 23 arrival (BKZ transition) ….perfect.

fsscr137_zpsjqwha1lk.jpg

Localizer captured Rwy 23

fsscr140_zpsewo8zxue.jpg

Gonna be a greaser!

fsscr142_zpsmrabnkw4.jpg

Looks like the AI AFL2130 got to my gate before me.

fsscr143_zpsmu7qd7gu.jpg

No probs.

fsscr146_zpsa4odxnda.jpg

A very enjoyable 2 Hr flight ….now to video it.

fsscr149_zpspiey4m3k.jpg

Beautiful shots.

nebojsa

Great shots as usual Ed! For a second I thought picture #5 didn't belong to this flight because it looked like the approach to Lisbon...  :P

Regards,

Hugo Bravo

LPPT

it looked like the approach to Lisbon.

…. funny you should say that because as a huge EuroAtlantic fan….that was exactly what I thought. :BigGrin:

Love the panel grabs Ed. Always enjoy seeing those (and your custom ones rock even more)

It does amaze me how much work has to be done before a satisfactory FS flight can be made.

That's so true Ed. After all these years of simming, every time I buy a new airport it feels like I spend hours tinkering with the AFCAD, making sure the appropriate AI have flight plans going to and from it, mip mapping textures that were missed and sometimes resizing them, etc, etc. Although I don't write approaches like you do (need to look into that) for the AFCADS, it seems like their is so much preparation that goes into each aspect of an airport before it's worthy of being used as an arrival or destination airport.

Sometimes I wish I was easier to please and would do like most people and just install and go, but when your OCD about your simming platform, it's never that easy as there will always be something that needs to be corrected.

Great photos and look forward to the video.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator