Sign in to follow this  
Carob

2D Panel Not Showing in Multiple Aircraft

Hello.

I'm hoping someone might be able to point me in a direction to track down an issue that has come up with multiple panels in FS9.

It seems that in a few aircraft the 2D panel is no longer visible.  Only the virtual cockpit shows anything.  (Which as far as I can tell looks fine.)

Panel, and gauges, for different planes were installed again from a system where they work okay but nothing has changed.

Does anyone have an idea as to where to begin to look for what might be causing this?  It's kind of strange.  To me at least.

Thanks very much!

Have you tried cycling the "W" key?

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

I guess that depends.  What do you have your "W" key assigned to?  Mine is assigned to Wing Fold.

The default assignment cycles through the 2D panel > Mini Panel > no panel.

In the assignments GUI it is listed as Panel on/off.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Have you checked that each affected aircraft's panel.cfg file has valid entries for the 2D sections, since the VC sections must be OK?

.cfg files are fine.  As mentioned earlier, all files were taken from a different system where they are working just fine and put into the other one.  They were working fine in the first system as well until it was changed to a multiple monitor setup.  Three screens for main area and one screen below for the panel.

The problem is with something on that first system but I have no idea what.  Other panels in just about every other aircraft are working fine.  There are only a few that are doing this but I don't know where else to look for the solution.  Even some of those working panels can be put in place instead and they work okay.

Since I don't have a multiple monitor setup I can't help, but maybe someone in the Monitors & Video Cards forum can?