Sign in to follow this  
kerikiwi

Scenery Directory Glitch

Originally when i loaded new addon scenery to the scenery library Flight Simulator 9 was the default heading in the Select Scenery Directory window & from the drop down box i selected Addon Scenery etc. Recently my default heading has changed to Documents which requires several more steps to reach FS9. How can i retrieve FS9 as my default heading please? [My Desktop PC system is Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.]

Perhaps what has happened is you edited a file (AFCAD ?) and by mistake saved it to the Documents folder.

Peter Schluter

Thanks Peter for your speedy response. I haven't edited any files & i checked inside my flight simulator flight files [in My documents] but nothing that shouldn't be there.

Hi kerikiwi,

Maybe something with Your Win7? Had this issue too. Due to problems with my Win7 Installation I decided to make a "Win7 inplace repair Installation" - now my system is working fine and my FS is showing the Root folder when I select "Add scenery".

Regards

Timo

Hi Timo, Thank you for your solution but i don't kow how to make a "Win7 inplace repair Installation", would you piease outline "with baby steps" how to carry out this task.

Regards John

Hi John,

cannot explain due to my limited capabilities of the english Language. Just search via Google for "Windows 7 inplace Upgrade".

BUT: this upgrade should bring Your entire Windows 7 to its original state normally without touching installed Programms and files - in my case everything was fine after the Upgrade, although there is no guarantee... So if Yo have no other trouble with Your system it FS it might be better to leave it as it is...

Regards

Timo

Good evening Timo, I found the upgrade on the Win 7 Forums but after reading the blurb i decide to"let sleeping dogs lie!". Thank you for making the effort may you allways enjoy blue skies!

regards John