Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Official Teaser Trailer [HD]

Blockbusters galore. And this bat-mask looks really angry to me........

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

This really makes no sense to me at all. Two traditionally "Good Guys" are now at loggerheads with one another? Are we supposed to accept that either of them has "turned bad?"

The mob chanting "Go home! Go home!," really? Unlike any human, Superman has no planet to "go home" to. His planet blew up, remember?

I predict a very, very low "Rotten Tomatoes" score for this bit of dreck...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

This really makes no sense to me at all. Two traditionally "Good Guys" are now at loggerheads with one another? Are we supposed to accept that either of them has "turned bad?"

The mob chanting "Go home! Go home!," really? Unlike any human, Superman has no planet to "go home" to. His planet blew up, remember?

I predict a very, very low "Rotten Tomatoes" score for this bit of dreck...

When I found out Ben Afleck was in it I was prepared to turn away.  There's more than enough villains out there to pursue versus having two traditionally good guys fighting each other.  Heck, they could have put Isis in the movie as an antagonist. This shows the state of the world today.  The verdict is still out though.  You can't get much from a short trailer anyway.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Yes its a strange one alright.  My initial reaction would be a No Way but who knows.    It doesn't really make sense though,  like mixing ice cream with barbecue sauce.  

Superman is from another planet and has super powers, Batman is a human with a lot of money that can buy gadgets. Of course Superman is going to win, this concept is silly

Superman can fly in outer space....that their alone is a win

Batman has a grappling hook....FAIL

This is simple, when Batman is using his silly grappling hook just grab him and take him to Outer Space, he can't breath and will rapidly decompress because he is human....movie over in under 5 minutes. This could be done in a YouTube video  :lol:

The fact that Ben Afflick is playing Batman makes this a comedy alright because that is already too funny to be true, perhaps Matt Damon can play Robin  :rolleyes:

Matthew Kane

Lol Very true Matthew. Regarding this movie I really don't understand the batman thing, the whole concept seems silly alright

Such a reaction! Essentially I think Batman is ###### at this new arrival that (in the last movie) essentially totally destroyed Metropolis supposedly to save it, and Batman is not to happy with that sort of "irresponsible" so-called hero. I think the take on this is that batman is not too certain this new so-called Superman is really a good thing.

Also..... Kryptonite.

In the comic book universe, Batman supposedly keeps a stash of Kryptonite weapons just in case Superman ever loses his friggin mind.

Not sure how or if they will try to bring that dynamic into this movie.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I grew up watching Superfriends and the Justice League of America every Saturday Morning on ABC so I will forever have Batman and Superman as friends along with Wonder Woman and Aquaman, this to me feels like sacrilege  :lol:

Matthew Kane

Superman is from another planet and has super powers, Batman is a human with a lot of money that can buy gadgets. Of course Superman is going to win, this concept is silly

Superman can fly in outer space....that their alone is a win

Batman has a grappling hook....FAIL

Unless Batman has a supply of Kryptonite at his disposal!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Unless Batman has a supply of Kryptonite at his disposal!!

Yes but I do recall every instance where someone gets their hands on Kryptonite to use against Superman he always finds a way B)  

Matthew Kane

Batman keeps Kryptonite weapons........ Ignore the quick fights, and this is quite a story.

Devons rig

this new arrival that (in the last movie) essentially totally destroyed Metropolis supposedly to save it

That whole fight scene in the second half of Man of Steel had me thinking that Superman's superhero liability insurance premiums were gonna go through the roof after this.

There's a lot of additional information on the new movie on http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2975590/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1 which makes the movie look like it might be a bit better than you'd expect from the title.  It also has a high-res version of the trailer.  My favorite comment from the Trivia section:

A reporter once asked Ben Affleck what his daughters thought of him being batman and he said, "They don't care. All they want to watch is Frozen."

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

'Dawn of Justice'

Me thinks they are going to come out allies in the end and this will be the dawning of a new League of Justice, it has to start somewhere. 

Matthew Kane

Devons rig