Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

CCTV Home package

Hello,

Im going to purchase myself a CCTV camera setup.  My head is set on a 4 camera, 4 channel, DVR included,  mid level set up, something for about 3/400 Euro, a complete package.

Something like these. 

SWANN seems to be a big name in the industry,   have any of you guys got any experience with these types of brands.

As per usual any tips on different brands will be greatly appreciated and i will gladly send my personal angels to watch over you   :rolleyes:

Not sure where you reside in the UK(assuming it's the UK from your posts), but if you happen to see a Swift Security engineer's vehicle, maybe worth your while stopping to have a chat with him as they are a nationwide security installation outfit. I have seen their vehicles in may cities. He may put you on the right track.

Only a suggestion.

The specs of the system you want are highly dependent on what you need to see, how well you need to see it and how you want to see it. Without more info on what the intended application for the cameras is you wont get much help.

Without more info on what the intended application for the cameras is you wont get much help.

Presumable a multi-camera, mains-electric, integrated set up for her residential premises..... what more do you need to know.

Poppet - I would indeed recommend Swann.   And if you are buying in the UK / ROI, then Maplins are a main supplier. We got our set up here. but it's a single camera, more modest unit than you're fancying. :)

Check out:-     http://www.maplin.co.uk/c/cctv-and-security

That first Amazon link in your OP looks like a bargain (although I personally don't buy from Amazon :wink: ).

Cheers.

what more do you need to know.

For example does the OP want enough clarity in the image to read a number plate of a car parked in their driveway from 10m away? In that case you'd want a better spec camera than the one linked in the post. Without knowing what she wants to cover it's hard to give good advice on what equipment to purchase.

Apologies for late return.   Thank you for all reply's. 

Poppet - I would indeed recommend Swann.   And if you are buying in the UK / ROI, then Maplins are a main supplier.

The whole thing has been bouncing around my tin head for several days now.  I original thought i would do it cheap but now i have decided to put a little extra by and do it right.  

I live in a little 3 bed semi house so a 4 camera system would be loads.  SWANN it is,  and i have settled on this,  700 Euro, a little more then i wanted to spend but as they say you get what you pay for.    I'm hoping to get up and running in a couple of weeks.  Sooooooooooo excited,  more technology to add to little tech corner. 

Thanks again 

Nice set-up! ........ you'll sleep easy with that set-up in place. :smile:

I would have bought a German Shepard/Doberman. It can see in the dark while your sleeping

ZORAN

I would have bought a German Shepard/Doberman. It can see in the dark while your sleeping

I agree, also in my neighbourhood when one dog barks he sets off all the other dogs in the neighbourhood so next thing you know every dog is barking within a 1 mile radius.

We have 2 dogs and have never been broken into, the guy behind us also has two very big Mastiff's and he is also a cop. I wouldn't mess with him or his dogs either.

Dogs are the best security system out there, they just know what to do. I am looking at getting Swann for my business though as I can't have dogs at work.

Matthew Kane

Yes very true,  if you have the space and time a dog is certainly the best way to go,  great for company as well. 

Geese worked well for the Romans, plus they got a free supply of eggs.

Dugald Walker