Sign in to follow this  
DreamAero

No Sound on my PMDG 737NGX..Please Help

Hi Friends,

First I wish to thank PMDG for making such a wonderful aircraft.. I really love flying this beautiful bird. My PMDG 737NGX has however encountered a small problem related to sound. Everything is working fine except the sound.

I can hear the engine sound however but I cannot hear the following sounds:

-The sound of the panel buttons when clicking

-The sound of conversation between the captain and the ground crew during aircraft pushback

-The sound of the v-speed callouts during takeoff and the radio altitude callouts during landing and the gpws warning sound also does not come.

-The sound of the  air conditioners also does not come.

When I checked the sound settings in the PMDG setup through the FMC, there are none of the sound device listed, the screen is completely blank. I am using Altec Lansing sound system with 2 speakers with Realtek HD Audio.

Apart from PMDG 737NGX I am using the Concorde X and its sound is working fine.

I have the disc version of the PMDG 737NGX and installed it directly by running  the setup.exe file. All features are running fine except the above listed sounds.

I will be very thankful if someone can help me get back the missing sounds of my beautiful bird... :rolleyes:

Thank you

Happy flying :rolleyes:

Zahed Bangdiwalla 

(DreamAero)

When I checked the sound settings in the PMDG setup through the FMC, there are none of the sound device listed, the screen is completely blank. I am using Altec Lansing sound system with 2 speakers with Realtek HD Audio.

This usually occurs when the Windows default sound devices are not set up in the Windows menus, or in the sim itself.

Control Panel > Hardware and Sound (click on the green header) > Manage Audio Devices (under the green Sound header)

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for the reply. I am very sorry for the long delay in replying as I was vacationing and hence away from my FSX System. :rolleyes:  

This usually occurs when the Windows default sound devices are not set up in the Windows menus, or in the sim itself.

Control Panel > Hardware and Sound (click on the green header) > Manage Audio Devices (under the green Sound header)

I will do as said and revert back on the same.

I forgot to mention that I have not installed the Microsoft Runtimes June 2010 on my system. It was there when I was using a 32 bit Windows 7 Ultimate on my old system (I recently upgraded my system to Core  i7 with 16 GB Ram and so I upgraded to a 64 bit version of Windows 7)

But that time I did not had PMDG 737NGX so I cannot say if the sound problem is due to the runtimes. I got the PMDG 737 after the system upgrade which was around last month.

I will do as said and revert back  by Saturday.

One small question... :rolleyes:

I am planning to buy FSX Steam Edition, so will my PMDG 737NGX work on the steam Edition of FSX. I had read on the forums that PMDG is working on releasing an installer that will make PMDG aircrafts compatible with FSX Steam Edition. If the installer is ready how will I get it, do I need to purchase it.

Thank You.

Happy Flying!

Regards

Zahed Bangdiwalla

(DreamAero)

Current version, available from your PMDG account download history, does have an installer for the FSX/FSXSE combo.  It is not a patch or update but a full installation so you first remove the old version using control panel.  Liveries for FSX and FSXSE are separate of course.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

My NGX sound problem has been resolved. I installed the 2010 Runtimes and selected my sound device (Realtec HD Audio) in the FSX sound settings and the sound was back :-)

Happy Flying and sorry for the late reply. :-)

Zahed Bangdiwalla

(DreamAero)