Sign in to follow this  
OneWhoKnocks53

Nvidia 350.12 breaks more than just runway lights?

If anyone else made the WRONG decision and installed the latest Nvidia drivers, are you having gpu driver crash after 15-20 minutes flying time on P3D2.5?  I'll grab a screenshot next time it happens, its very consistent.  Just want to make sure this is the cause before the rollback.  Thanks :angry:  

No crashes for me...just the runway light issues...GTX 980.

Ryan

Had read a few reports of people getting the wrong clock speed on their GPU maybe you are affected by this as well?

I have gone back to the 337.88 driver set that has nothing broken, and gives pretty well the best FPS performance out there. nVidia couldn't care less about we 'niche' purchasers, it seems.

Agreed, we are gamers unwanted children. Are those the best drivers to use then in your experience? I was going to give 347.88 another go, but now thinking about 337.88!

I think maybe Sesquashtoo meant 347.88 ... they work fine for me anyway. :smile:

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

I think maybe Sesquashtoo meant 347.88 ... they work fine for me anyway. :smile:

Nope...337.88's as stated. That is what is driving my N.I.  :) Just go into the archive area...and you can get them.

Lol, if it works for you, then all the power to you. But those are like pyramid-ancient ...

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Agreed, we are gamers unwanted children. Are those the best drivers to use then in your experience? I was going to give 347.88 another go, but now thinking about 337.88!

The 337.88's (WHQL) give  great FPS performance across all sim platforms.  Yeppers!  Try them...but completely 'scrub' your driver installation before you do so, so as not to have a corrupt install of new over some lingering resident driver files that are presently installed in your system.  

Mitch

Lol, if it works for you, then all the power to you. But those are like pyramid-ancient ...

I know they are 'back there'...but if you give them a try..you will be pleasantly surprised as to what FPS you can consistently crank out.... :))))  This driver suite also breaks no in-sim features across all sim platforms.

Thanks for the help guys, why not give the oldies a try then. I'll see what happens and report back.

having gpu driver crash after 15-20 minutes flying time on P3D2.5

Okay on the new drivers as well on a 980 (except for the runway lights).

Those symptoms sound like a potential thermal issue...maybe the drivers have mucked with the fan speed control on your card, exacerbated by the wrong clock speed perhaps? 

All clock speeds seemed to be in order, and the temps in check. The bios on the Evga 970 keeps the fans off below 60 f, and during climb out from kphl with my traffic 6 at 30 and 30% and dense autogen, the temps never went north of 70 f. I just installed 347.88 back on, as I already had them on my drive, and the issue is gone without changing anything else! That being said, I'm definitely going to be testing 337.88 later today.

That being said, I'm definitely going to be testing 337.88 later today.

-----------------------------

It certainly can't hurt anything...and if you don't like the performance, you can go back quickly to what you did like. All my screenshots over the sims shown, have this driver suite running the show along with N.I., pretty much over the last two months.