Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

FAPS video recorder

I just got this cool little thing but before i buy the full version, i'm wanting to record a landing on my 737NGX but with the recorder actually at the front window like you see on RW videos of pilots having the camera at the window!? Because it can be done with EZCA cameras but then how will i actually fly the plane then?

Cheers.

Vernon Howells

Vernon, just do an 'instant replay' after the landing and shift your EZDOK to the correct position and record.

Then get the resulting video, put it through at least 7 filters so it ends up with so much bloom on it, the viewers will think they're suffering from glaucoma and complete it with an Overdub of people talking and babies crying.

Finally upload it to youtube with the title 'FSX 2016 ABSOLUTE MAX REALISM #AsRealAsItGets'

..that should do it ;)

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Depends on which sim you fly ;) If you fly FSX you can get FSRecorder to record your flight. Just fly as you normally fly. FSRecorder is doing its thing in the background. When you finish the flight you need to save the recording. You can replay it as often you want. Then you will be able to record all kinds of cam positions in your cockpit, around the plane and around the scenery.

If you use P3D2 you can use the built in recorder which do the same basic job. The latest FSRecorder is not v2.x compatible. FSRecorder v1.331 is compatible.

FRAPS is good but your sim will suffer in performance. To capture the footage i recommend using nvidia´s shadowplay.  You obviously need an nVidia gpu installed in your system ;) Shadowplay is free so is FSRecorder. http://www.fs-recorder.net/

Vernon, just do an 'instant replay' after the landing and shift your EZDOK to the correct position and record.

Then get the resulting video, put it through at least 7 filters so it ends up with so much bloom on it, the viewers will think they're suffering from glaucoma and complete it with an Overdub of people talking and babies crying.

Finally upload it to youtube with the title 'FSX 2016 ABSOLUTE MAX REALISM #AsRealAsItGets'

..that should do it ;)

Hi Ebs,

the downside of the FSX instant replay is that it does not replay every frame like FSRecorder or the recorder of P3D2.

Could you post the link to your vid. Seems that it is not avail on your channel. thanks :)

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

Did you mean FRAPS Video Recorder? If so, before you spend any money on it, I would consider using your graphics card's built in recording functionality, called ShadowPlay. http://www.geforce.c...ence/shadowplay It is free and has essentially zero performance impact, personally I wouldn't spend any money on FRAPS.

Yeh thats the one! ok i will try that link out

..that should do it ;)

Ahh good shout i will try that out. Will i need windows movie maker or something to edit the video afterwards to make it look like 'FSX 2016 ABSOLUTE MAX REALISM #AsRealAsItGets' lol

You mentioned instant reply, will i just go into the menu and record anything before hand?

Depends on which sim you fly ;) If you fly FSX you can get FSRecorder to record your flight. Just fly as you normally fly. FSRecorder is doing its thing in the background. When you finish the flight you need to save the recording. You can replay it as often you want. Then you will be able to record all kinds of cam positions in your cockpit, around the plane and around the scenery.

If you use P3D2 you can use the built in recorder which do the same basic job. The latest FSRecorder is not v2.x compatible. FSRecorder v1.331 is compatible.

FRAPS is good but your sim will suffer in performance. To capture the footage i recommend using nvidia´s shadowplay.  You obviously need an nVidia gpu installed in your system ;) Shadowplay is free so is FSRecorder. http://www.fs-recorder.net/

i have a GTX780 so i'll try shadowplay out

Vernon Howells

Could you post the link to your vid. Seems that it is not avail on your channel. thanks :)

Hi Mickey, that was just my attempt at a joke. There seems to be a hell of a lot of videos where people have tried to make FSX look 'as real as possible' but they all kind of look the same...Here's an example...

i have a GTX780 so i'll try shadowplay out

Definitely try shadowplay before you try FRAPS

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Thanks alot! What software can i use to spice it up lol

Also i want to have a RW 737 cockpit video from youtube on the side of mine? How can i download that video from youtube to make that happen?

Vernon Howells

Hi Mickey, that was just my attempt at a joke. There seems to be a hell of a lot of videos where people have tried to make FSX look 'as real as possible' but they all kind of look the same...Here's an example...

G´day Ebs,

yes you are right unfortunately :( long minutes of wing view is just boring. Despite the fact that video making is loads of work and making "just another" wing view is a waste of time IMHO.

Thanks alot! What software can i use to spice it up lol

Also i want to have a RW 737 cockpit video from youtube on the side of mine? How can i download that video from youtube to make that happen?

Hi driver,

you need a youtube downloader for that but be sure that you don not violate copyrights. It is better to contact the vid owner before. I did that once when i made a real world flight video.

Which video editor are you using? Im using Final Cut Pro X so with that i could help you out.

Greetz

MJ

youtubefooter.jpg

Hi greetz! Yes very true i will contact the person first before doing so!

I'm using FRAPS but going to try nvidia shadowplay!?

Vernon Howells

Ok i have shadowplay setup but it want record even though i'm pressing the hot key?

Vernon Howells

Ok i got it working but when i play my videos back it is rather squashed how can i record it in full screen

Vernon Howells

Ok i got it working but when i play my videos back it is rather squashed how can i record it in full screen

You gonna have to enter either fullscreen mode in FSX (recommended) or you have to set a tag in the shadowplay settings "Allow Desktop Capture"

Greetz

MJ

youtubefooter.jpg

You gonna have to enter either fullscreen mode in FSX (recommended)

Hi, already in full screen mode?

or you have to set a tag in the shadowplay settings "Allow Desktop Capture"

hmm, can't see that option?

Vernon Howells

Hi, already in full screen mode?

hmm, can't see that option?

Hang on a sec :)

See here...

shadowplay_desktop_zps2016ebf9.png

Greetz

MJ