Sign in to follow this  
Matthew Kane

ANZAC Day Parade (Peter Jackson's Collection)

Today is ANZAC Day in Australia and New Zealand to commemorate 100 years since the Battle of Gallipoli. In honor of the event Peter Jackson pulled out his collection of World War 1 vehicles from his garage and put on a Parade in Wellington in true form. Here are some shots of the event

Before the parade some of the vehicles parked on Parliament grounds
001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

011.JPG

012.JPG

013.JPG

014.JPG

015.JPG

The Parade on Lambton Quay

016.JPG

017.JPG

018.JPG

019.JPG

020.JPG

021.JPG

022.JPG

023.JPG

024.JPG

025.JPG

026.JPG

027.JPG

028.JPG

029.JPG

Matthew Kane

What a great collection!

Schnelle Autos, schöne Frauen und deutsches Bier !

"Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."

What a great collection!

I am pretty certain he is collecting these to one day make an epic WW1 film. What you see here does not include the fleet of aircraft that he and others own which is quite extensive as well. Here are some shots of those aircraft that I took from another event recently:

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

026.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

029.jpg

030.jpg

031.jpg

032.jpg

033.jpg

034.jpg

Matthew Kane

I'd love to be able to visit south of the equator to see those fly.   And celebrate ANZAC day !

Schnelle Autos, schöne Frauen und deutsches Bier !

"Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."

Awesome pictures. I half expected to see Peter doing a cameo like he did in the LOTR movie.

NAX669.png

To go with the parade by current Australian and New Zealand Armed Forces personnel and the Turkish Air Force Band here this morning at London's Cenotaph, and moving poems read out by the youth of the UK, Australia, New Zealand and Turkey, plus other ANZAC contingents gathered with the two respective Prime Ministers in Gallipoli itself, these are absolutely befitting images, Matthew.

Great pictures Matthew! We had some old WW1 and WW2 cars for the parade through the city here in Perth, however not as many as in Wellington.

Thanks Guys

Awesome pictures. I half expected to see Peter doing a cameo like he did in the LOTR movie.

He was actually in the Parade but I didn't get a shot of him....I think he is an ugly hobbit looking guy anyways  :lol:

Matthew Kane

Thanks for sharing Mathew. Fantastic shots.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Peter Jackson I've heard is a huge WW1 buff.

If anybody here is into building scale model aircraft.... Peter Jackson also has another business based in NZ called Wingnut Wings. They make mind blowingly good quality 1/32 scale kits of WW1 aircraft:

http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/

And on a related note, last summer Bruce Dickinson - Iron Maiden lead singer, world class fencer, 757 captain and aviation entrepreneur (among other things :P ) - re-enacted a WW1 dogfight with the Great War Air Display Team during the Sonisphere Festival.

Not many places you get a rock festival and a WW1 air display  B)

Every time I see the Bristol fighter, I'm drawn to the same odd feature: The fuselage is actually raised above the lower wing on pedestals.