Sign in to follow this  
Timma

speedbreak has no effect

Hi just installed the new update did a flight and noticed on descent my speedbreak has no effect with vs at -600 fpm

i then tried level flight deployed the speedbreaks and still with no effect. i know the 737 is very slippery and takes

a while to slow down

thanx

Brendon Powys

Brendon Powys

Hi just installed the new update did a flight and noticed on descent my speedbreak has no effect with vs at -600 fpm

i then tried level flight deployed the speedbreaks and still with no effect. i know the 737 is very slippery and takes

a while to slow down

thanx

Brendon Powys

Can you add a little more to the narrative? If you're in V/S with the A/T on and on speed, then the plane will pitch up a bit and add power.

If you're fast and trying to slow at only 600fpm, you should get a decent deceleration.

Matt Cee

Can you add a little more to the narrative? If you're in V/S with the A/T on and on speed, then the plane will pitch up a bit and add power.

If you're fast and trying to slow at only 600fpm, you should get a decent deceleration.

Hi Matt , yes A/T on and on speed  v/s at -600 speedbreak deployed  and she still doesnt slow down

Ive been flying the pmdg 737 for more than a year now and just after the update ive been havin this problem

Brendon Powys

Hi Matt , yes A/T on and on speed v/s at -600 speedbreak deployed and she still doesnt slow down

You are saying you have A/T controlling speed ("on speed") and A/P controlling constant descent, so of course the speedbrakes are not going to slow you down and will respond exactly as Matt suggested.

Dan Downs KCRP

yes A/T on and on speed v/s at -600 speedbreak deployed

Sorry, "On speed" meaning you are at the desired airspeed, not faster or slower than the selected speed in the MCP.

So, when you say you are trying to slow, what speed are you at and what speed do you have selected?

Matt Cee

Sorry, "On speed" meaning you are at the desired airspeed, not faster or slower than the selected speed in the MCP.

So, when you say you are trying to slow, what speed are you at and what speed do you have selected?

No faster than the selected speed and trying to slow down , lets say im at 290kts trying to get 250kts which is my selected speed.

Maybe some setting in my sim is incorrect

thanx Matt for ur help

Brendon Powys

Hi ! guys thanx for the help just did a flight and seen that the spoilers deploy only the the right wing and not on the left

looks like thats the problem .

Brendon powys

Brendon Powys

Hi ! guys thanx for the help just did a flight and seen that the spoilers deploy only the the right wing and not on the left

Brendon powys

Brendon, unless you have failures enabled you should not be seeing this behavior.  If you did have failures enabled you would be seeing other warning conditions with that behavior.  If you are using FSUIPC, please move the fsuipc.ini file to the desktop and see if behavior changes.  If not you can put it back.  Then run the installer and select REPAIR (unless you have both FSX and FSXSE installed which cannot run REPAIR.  See if REPAIR changes behavior.  If not, submit a trouble ticket and explain the problem (asymmetrical spoilers) and steps you've taken.

Dan Downs KCRP

Brendon powys

Check the calibration of your wheel input and also whether you have any asymmetry which might cause it to be off centre to the right. The way roll spoilers are simulated in the NGX, with speedbrake extended any wheel input will cause the spoilers on opposite wing to retract completely. In fact they should only retract in proportion to the amount of wheel deflection. The problem is due to a misreading of the FCOM description of how spoilers and speedbrake interact.

I reported this issue to PMDG Support way back before SP1 but nothing was done. If this is the cause of your problem you could try increasing wheel deadband slightly to mask any small offset.

ki9cAAb.jpg