Sign in to follow this  
gwillmot

State of the FS2004 Address

And my fellow simmers ..... as to FS2004 file additions .... Repaints and AI aircraft

Nuff said!

Nuff said is correct. Not sure why it had to be said? We all see the same signs. :Sleepy:

For me, the days of adding anything to my FS9 that doesn't constitute a visual or performance improvement or is payware are probably over. FSX-SE has proved to be the solution for me and I'm loving it, but I have addons in FS9 that don't migrate to SE so I will continue to use FS9 when I feel like it. For IFR flying between AES supported airports using an incredible range of AI and beloved addons like the GA 727, the days of FS9 are far from over.

To my FS9 friends - keep on trucking as the saying goes here in the US. Enjoy your sim of choice, whatever it is. There are still years of enjoyment to be had in FS9, the most durable FS version there has ever been. And for those developers who continue to add new things to it - thank you! And I happen to know that perhaps the most brilliant military scenery ever released for FS9 is currently in late Beta testing and will be released soon --- NUFF SAID!

Cheers mates

Ian

Personally, I think FS 9 will continue to fill a void in the FS World, and there will always be a well rounded core of followers. Like gwillmot said, it would be nice if there were a few more Repaints out there, or finding a Repainter who would be willing to create for FS 9. For my tastes, there's one airplane I would like to see someone try their hand at; the Rutan Catbird.  One wouldn't even have to create Panels or Sounds for it! LOL

Overall, I agree... Life is pretty good in FS 9 Land! :lol:

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

I guess some misinterpreted my post ..... it seems all that is being listed in the FS2004 file section are repaints and AI aircraft.  No new panels ...... no new sounds ...... VERY few sceneries ..... etc.

Old age .... for both people and flight simulators ..... just doesn't have the "zip and zing" it used to.  Sigh.

Strangely, I just added back into fs9 the original cloud textures and I'm enjoying them far more the Rex and HDE.

You are not alone ... I did that over 12 months ago.   :lol:

It's not as if any change is better, merely different.  Viva la difference!  Beats boring anyway.  :blink:

I'm hanging out for Baku and Warsaw. Then I shall clone and image FS9 files using Acronis, Casper, Paragon Hard Disc Suite and O&O DiskImage (surely one of them will get it right) and probably preserve in aspic as well.  ^_^

Then just fly ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... bliss.

Then just fly

Yeah, that's what I do lately. However, there's always something to change, improve, install... Just enhanced my military AI by some Croatian MiG-21 incl. inserting military parking into an old Zagreb scenery.

By the way if you have a look at the scenery sections of flightsim.com and avsimrus.com, your conclusion may be slightly different. There are still new sceneries from time to time, mostly for destinations in the East that haven't three renditions already.

And to be honest: I see nothing bad in not having to buy AES credit packs anymore. :lol:

Regards,

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

FS9 can not be beaten in IFR flights, heavy congested/detailed airports, overcast skies, bad weather and night operations with Smoothnessss.

note: I also use fsx and p3d on a regular basis.

Cheers,

Pierre

Pierre

I guess some misinterpreted my post

Well, just to clarify, then...

ME.jpg

Well, just to clarify, then...

ME.jpg

You are evidently smarter than you look and sound .......

As such, you have my expressed permission to leave your decaying orbit immediately!

..... and please, leave no dust on the doorstep.