Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

P3D Aerosoft OSLO Torp - Terrible Performance

Hi guys, Same as over on the aerosoft forums, but it's quieter there. 

I am quite worried about this one as I can't work it out.

I am hitting massive issues running Olso Torp in p3d. The scenario is that in basic terms the sim grinds to a halt. If you look at the aircraft from any view it looks like it's speeding up and slowing down midflight/taxi.

The fps drop all over the place from 40 - 11.

I run p3d in advanced aircraft at 30-35 everywhere. Vancouver FSDT, Copenghagen Flytampa, UK2000 heathrow everything with no issue. This is related to this scenery only.

What do you think is going on here? I've not seen anything like it before.

Kind regards,

Alex

p.s running orbx Norway, (turned off the ento.bgl's in the ORBX scenery directory. Still no fix).

I have NO issues running this in FSX DX10

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

You're not alone, I had the same issues, ended up uninstalling Torp.  I was able to reduce the problem a little by using 1024 textures ... but there definitely seems to be some issue with Torp.

Your best hope at getting attention with the developers is to provided a specific scenario (.fxml and .wx file).

You might also want to ask the developer(s) if they're using ASM methods (http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=Introduction_to_ASM_tweaking) or tools outside of the P3D SDK to produce their objects/scenery files ... these methods are NOT supported by LM.  These methods are often used because they solve limitations in FSX, but unfortunately they can and do cause issues in P3D.

Cheers, Rob.

You're not alone, I had the same issues, ended up uninstalling Torp.  I was able to reduce the problem a little by using 1024 textures ... but there definitely seems to be some issue with Torp.

Your best hope at getting attention with the developers is to provided a specific scenario (.fxml and .wx file).

You might also want to ask the developer(s) if they're using ASM methods (http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=Introduction_to_ASM_tweaking) or tools outside of the P3D SDK to produce their objects/scenery files ... these methods are NOT supported by LM.  These methods are often used because they solve limitations in FSX, but unfortunately they can and do cause issues in P3D.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob,

So just to confirm, you get the exact same issue too?

Alex

Alex Ridge

Yes ... also have Orbx Norway.  Haven't made time to try to figure out the exact cause ... hoping 3rd party could duplicate or someone else do the leg work. ;)

Cheers, Rob.

install the FREE Norwegian sceneries

Careful there Jack ... reading all that thread and there does appear to be some landclass issues so use with caution.  Also no mention of seasons (orbx provide 4) and what happens with FTX Central interaction when changing Orbx regions.

But what was very interesting is that it appears Aerosoft's airport enables both summer and winter at the same time?  That could be a source of this issue.

Cheers, Rob.

Interesting comment Rob. Been using both AoN and Norway GA for a long time without any problems at all. But as usual people hav different setups and opinions.  :rolleyes: What I CAN say is that the developers have/have had close contact with ORBX and it would surprise me IF the products would n ot match. But again, for me and a lot of other people this works perfectly, for other abviously not.

Jack

But the aerosoft Torp scenery looks so good though in FSX./

Alex Ridge

Have to say Torp runs great my end, love the airport. Cannot remember of the top of my head but if that has one of them configuration turn off all the 3d grass and anything else you don't need.

Did a flight there from Bergen the other day two great airports with great fps.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Just for clarification we're talking about Torp - Sandefjord X and not Oslo 2.0?

Aerosoft Oslo 2.0 is very good on FPS and VAS.

Anyway, Orbx just released a Norway Update today ... so think I'll test out Torp again and see ...

Cheers, Rob.

Rob what are you talking about? New Norway update today!!!! No way, the OrbxFTXEUNorway110 was released April 14:th!!!!   :o And by the way Aerosofr ENGM Oslo-Gardermoen does NOT run smoothly. Read the postings over at Aerosoft forum and what is said about it on the Norwegian FS forum.  :rolleyes: Don´t mean to be unpolite but right has to be right. 

Jack

Ok lets not get into a pissing contest ;). This is Oslo Torp only. Oslo is very good for me.

It's not even neccessarily about fps performance it is about the weird behavior of the sim which looks like it speeds up and slows down. Very strange

Alex Ridge

Alex its not a pissing contest people are trying to help.

I dont have Orbx Norway only Global/Vector/OLC and the airport works perfect. FPS or anything else does not change around the airport for me.

So it would seen it might be a Norway thing?

2015-4-26_10-53-29-128.jpg

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Alex its not a pissing contest people are trying to help.

I dont have Orbx Norway only Global/Vector/OLC and the airport works perfect. FPS or anything else does not change around the airport for me.

So it would seen it might be a Norway thing?

Hmm, I am not sure. Disabling the airport fixes the performance for me. Did you try and move the aircraft around at all in that situation?

Alex Ridge

Rob what are you talking about? New Norway update today!!!! No way, the OrbxFTXEUNorway110 was released April 14:th!!!! :o And by the way Aerosofr ENGM Oslo-Gardermoen does NOT run smoothly. Read the postings over at Aerosoft forum and what is said about it on the Norwegian FS forum. :rolleyes: Don´t mean to be unpolite but right has to be right.

Jack

Hmm i have never had Any issues regarding performance (30fps NGX) or VAS with extreme settings and 2048 texture in Oslo 2.0 installed

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Michael as usual, sceneries have a tendency to run differently even on identical computers, we just have to live with that.  :rolleyes:

Jack