Sign in to follow this  
Chris Catalano

Before I install the latest update to the NGX.... 3 ?s

Hi Everyone:

Before I install the latest update of the NGX for FSX, I was wondering 3 things:

1) When I run the installer, it says I have an option to either  remove the NGX or repair it - which option am I supposed to choose?  (The current version I have works perfectly now, so I hope I don't have to remove it, yet it doesn't really need repairing as it already works perfectly)

2)  How does the weather radar work with ASN (I have that)?  Where does the weather radar screen actually appear on the NGX?  (I mean I already use ASN, and it appears as a separate gauge).  How will the upgrade effect this?

3)  Will I have to re-install all my add-on liveries all over yet again?

Thank you,

Chris Catalano

Hi Everyone:

Before I install the latest update of the NGX for FSX, I was wondering 3 things:

1) When I run the installer, it says I have an option to either  remove the NGX or repair it - which option am I supposed to choose?  (The current version I have works perfectly now, so I hope I don't have to remove it, yet it doesn't really need repairing as it already works perfectly)

2)  How does the weather radar work with ASN (I have that)?  Where does the weather radar screen actually appear on the NGX?  (I mean I already use ASN, and it appears as a separate gauge).  How will the upgrade effect this?

3)  Will I have to re-install all my add-on liveries all over yet again?

Thank you,

Chris Catalano

1) Uninstall the old version with control panel and install new version with new installer.  It is a complete update, not a service patch per se.

2) Get current version of ASN (now B5575 I think).  The WXR control panel will appear on the center console and, when turned on, the WXR display will appear on the ND.

3) The new Operations Center will now take care of liveries.  Run it before FSX and if it has notifications to repair liveries then OK those repairs and all your liveries should be okay.

Dan Downs KCRP

ASN is now up to version 5589, Dan. It includes some performance tweaks and minor fixes, especially for FSX-SE and P3D.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

OK - I think I got it, but what do you mean when you mention the "New Installer" and  "New Operations Center"?  Where do I get these files?  Or are both of these files a part of the update files that I downloaded yesterday?

Thank again!

Chris Catalano

Chris, read the Introduction. If you downloaded files yesterday, you have the latest version.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks.  I read the intro several times yesterday.  I think I am not understanding something.  In the read-me, it only makes reference to the installer finding the FSX directory, uninstalling the 737, and then free liveries, and finally all the legal information.  I am still not sure what the "Operations Center" actually is.  It seems the PMDG 777 uses it.  But what actually "is" it?  Is this the name of the new installer for the 737NGX?  And will the "Operations Center" be installed on my machine if I delete the old 737NGX files?  Sorry that I am just not still understanding yet.

Thanks for the help.

Chris Catalano

You should uninstall using the Start / Flight-One / Ultimate Terrain X /  Un-Install.

I read somewhere on their Forum that this is the proper(?) way of uninstalling UTX 2.0.

jime

Banner_MJC5.png

James D. Edwards

Thanks.  I read the intro several times yesterday.  I think I am not understanding something.  In the read-me, it only makes reference to the installer finding the FSX directory, uninstalling the 737, and then free liveries, and finally all the legal information.  I am still not sure what the "Operations Center" actually is.  It seems the PMDG 777 uses it.  But what actually "is" it?  Is this the name of the new installer for the 737NGX?  And will the "Operations Center" be installed on my machine if I delete the old 737NGX files?  Sorry that I am just not still understanding yet.

Thanks for the help.

Chris Catalano

Chris, I assume you have the latest installer because you downloaded it recently.  That could be a bad assumption but if you had to log into your PMDG account to access the download then the assumption should be good.

Current version is 1.10.6461.  There are several ways to do this, maybe best for you is to open control panel, uninstall programs and look at the list of programs.  The installed version is the right hand column.  The version is also in the readme file that is included in the installer.

The Operations Center was added to NGX in the last update or two.  It is accessed from START menu, all programs, PMDG, Operations Center.  Use it to open the documents that match your version of the NGX including the Introduction.  There is an Introduction document, a PDF, along with tutorials, owner manuals from Boeing etc.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi:

I opened the add/remove programs and the current version I see is called 1.0.3219.  Now I know why this is confusing me: There is definitely no "Operations Center" in my Start Menu/PMDG folder.  I only have something that is called a "Livery Manager" which I have used extensively over the years to build my repaint library.  So now the version that I was permitted to download yesterday (VERSION v1.10.6461), - does this mean that if I go on and install this that I will have the new "Operations Center" you all talk about installed too?  And will I lose all my current repaints?

Thanks again,

Chris Catalano

There is definitely no "Operations Center" in my Start Menu/PMDG folder.

This means that you did not follow the directions that people had posted in response to your question.

You will need to fully uninstall the NGX and re-install it using the installer you just downloaded.

Kyle Rodgers

Actually, I think that was finally the answer to the question I was trying to get... Remember, above I wrote: "And will the "Operations Center" be installed on my machine if I delete the old 737NGX files?"  

Now I think I finally understand what you have all been saying.  So if I now understand correctly, you are saying that if I delete the old NGX setup, the new Operations Center will be installed as part of my new installation.  Is this correct then?

Chris Catalano

OK - got it all installed - but now I can't find any documentation on how to actually turn on the weather radar.  I see it on the center console, and I see the WX button to engage it on my ND, but even with AS Next on, I can't seem to see the new weather radar on my ND.  You wouldn't know how to turn on the weather radar, would you?

Thanks for everything.

Chris Catalano

Load a scenario where there is lots of thunderstorms ;)

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020