Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

NG and 777 Activation has stopped working?

After updating ASN this morning my P3D activation has stopped working.

I get the activation window pop up and when i re inter my code i get this?

error250dd.jpg

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I have put a ticket in but...

I've now fixed it, long story but its fixed

Please don't bother with ticket.

Kind regards

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Just in case someone experience the same problem, what was the solution?

Stian Beinset

ENML

I've now fixed it, long story but its fixed

Someone, or some program running through the Win Services and disabling things?

Kyle Rodgers

Yes in msconfig the activation programe got turned off, and it was "someone " /hide I was trying to cut process down to a minimum.

2 hours of my life I lost......live and learn :(

David-

Yeah- we generally recommend extraordinary caution.  Back in the XP days, such concepts were helpful, but much less so in the modern windows era.

(Modern for me being defined only as Win7.  :lol:   I won't touch 8...)

Sorry you lost a few hours chasing it, but I am glad you got it sorted out!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

As displayed in Process Explorer, most of the "default" W7 processes stay idle unless really needed. I see no extra burden for performance from those, so there seems to be little to gain by shutting them down.

Oh, and I uninstalled that particular "recommended by Microsoft" W7 update, that is going to talk me into W10!   :P

Sorry you lost a few hours chasing it, but I am glad you got it sorted out!

Thanks Robert but it was totally my fault I was looking in msconfig at start up to cut some none need programmes out like CCleaner/iTunes and then looked at Services and thought FLEXnet? whats that rubbish!!

You know the rest :lol:   :blush2: :blush2:  :blush2:

sc.jpg

After updating ASN this morning my P3D activation has stopped working.

This post in simforums might be helpful. All thought it is for FSX some of it might apply to P3D - http://www.simforums.com/forums/the-fsx-computer-system-the-bible-by-nickn_topic46211.html. The part on window services starts about 2/3 down the page under 19. Window Services.

I did the above and then a few hours later wanted to do a flight, when starting ASN, i had to update it. Then started P3D and then all the above happened so I came to the wrong conclusion it was the ASN update, as I wrongly thought anything I did in msconfig was of no consequence.... yer right!!