Sign in to follow this  
bmaik

parking codes

Hi to all,

I've read in the forums that VOX ATC respects parking codes for a long time now, but somehow this still doesn't work for me. Here is what I do: I edited the aircraft.cfg to add a 3 letter parking code for my aircraft (PMDG 747) and update the AFCAD of the arrival airport using Airport Editor. I simply add the parking-code to the gate I plan to use. Then I compile the airport.bgl and activate the airport scenery in FSX. Finally I rerun the VOX Indexer because of the updated scenery. One my aircraft has landed there are usually still a few heavy gates left (I use 80% VOX Traffic density) but very often VOX assigns me a CARGO gate or another heavy gate very far away from the one I specificed by the parking code. Am I missing something here or is VOX 6.51 still not able to handle parking-codes correctly? Any help appreciated.

Thank you, draci

It works for me - I was pestering Tegwyn for this for a long time, and was very pleased when he implemented it.

What is your entry in the aircraft.cfg?

Which airport editor are you using?

Petraeus

Thanks for the reply Petraeus,

my parking code entry reads RFP, and I use ADE. In ADE I cklick the gate I want to reserve for my airline, then I select RFP from the list MRU airlines as well as for all airlines, compile the airport and add it to the scenery library. Last I run VoxATC indexer and restart FSX

Does anyone have an idea what I do wrong?

1. Do I have to reload the aircraft in FSX? My standard flight is configured to use my preferred aircraft, for which I want to use the parking code. This aircraft is already selected whenever I fire up FSX.  Because I exclusively fly this aircraft, I haven't touched the aircraft selection option for years. Can it be that somehow VoxATC reads an old aircraft.cfg?

2. Can it be that parking codes do not work with the PMDG 747-800 i ? This is my preferred aircraft, unfortunately it is only a remodelling of the underlying PMDG 747-400X and shares its aircraft.cfg with it. Although there is a PMDG 747-800i section under [fltsim.3], could it be that VoX only respects the very first entry for parking_codes (which is for the PMDG 747-400X in [fltsim.0] ?

3. Or can it be that I miss something when updating the afcad-file in ADE? I usually load the stock airport, then double-click onto the gate I want to set parking_codes for and in the pop-up dialogue manually enter RFP in the parking-codes line. Is it essential that I also set my airline in the "airlines" or "MCDU airlines" list?

What does MCDU airline mean btw?

Any help is appreciated, it drives me mad that I still don't get it to work although so many posts (and also Tegwyn) confirm that it should work.

bmaik

Dear all

I’m still working on the parking codes problem almost every day without having found a solution so far. Recently a new idea came up my mind. I have installed a lot of Scenery Products (ORBX, UTX, AddOn-Airports, etc)  and use Traffic 360 for AI. All of these products come up with their own AFCAD files for the same airport. In my scenery library they are layered as follows:

Traffic360 (top)

UTX

ORBX

Stock

When in the Sim I recognized that only the top layered AFCAD is active (usually a Traffic360 Airport Enhancement File which adds some parking spaces and assigns 50+ (!)  AI parking codes to the gates). So my idea was instead of editing the stock AFCAD and adding parking codes there, I could try editing the Traffic360-AFCAD file (simply delete the incredibly many parking codes for one of the gates and replace them by the parking code for my airline). I now used AFX instead of ADE to do the editing. I placed the edited file in its own folder in the Scenery folder of FSX instead of the AddOnScenery folder, added this folder with top priority to the scenery library and ran the VOX indexer. Back in the sim I noticed that my edited file was loaded but VoX still didn’t assign me to the gate I set for my airline. Thinking about this led my to the following three questions for which you can hopefully provide an answer

1. Could it be that I add my parking code to the WRONG AFCAD file? I’ve always  edited the stock files so far and as described above have also tried editing the Traffic360-AFCAD but to no avail so far. This would be strange, because the edited AFCAD file has highest priority in the Scenery Library and thus it shouldn't matter which AFCAD was edited, right?

2. Can anybody confirm that it is better to place the modified afcads in the scenery folder instead of the AddonScenery-folder?

3. I noticed that VoX ATC did NOT park any AI aircraft at the gate I reserved for my airline which is definitely good news!n  So can it  be that my traffic settings in VoXATC (currently 80%) are simply too low and if I set them to let’s say 100% VoXATC will be forced to assign the only remaining available gate to me which will of course be the one I’ve previously reserved? Or should the parking codes work with any VoX traffic slider setting?

Any remedy for this neverending pain appreciated!

Best regards

bmaik