Sign in to follow this  
neil0311

AFCAD priority with various add ons

After scanning my system, it looks like I have hundreds of duplicate AFCAD files, resulting from a mix of Ultimate Terrain (most current version of every region installed), MyTraffic 6, and various add on airports from FSDT, Imaginesim, FlyTampa, and others.

While I have these files layered correctly in the scenery.cfg, with MyTraffic at the lowest priority, then Ultimate Terrain, then add on airports, does having these files cause a conflict?

I've read that even with proper priority, it's necessary to disable all but the file in use at the highest priority. Is that the case?

I've read that even with proper priority, it's necessary to disable all but the file in use at the highest priority. Is that the case?

Yes, I found through the years that it's best to disable duplicate AFCADs regardless of the way they are layered and just use the most appropriate AFCAD for the airport in use. So for example if you have FSDT KDFW then disable the MTX, UTX, or any other duplicate AFCAD for the airport to eliminate the possibility of conflicts.

FSX never seems to obey the layering system very well when it comes to AFCADs. Also, rather than delete the duplicates, just rename the .bgl portion to .off rather than deleting them in case you need it in the future. You can always turn it back on by renaming it from .off to .bgl.

You may also want to turn off the associated .cvx files that you find as duplicate as well if they are placed by UTX, ORBX, or MTX.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator