Sign in to follow this  
aaronshenhao

Keeping track of updates?

Hi,

I am wondering how you guys keep track of software updates. I have missed many important updates for the Lionheart Quest Kodiak, REX Overdrive & Essentials, Aerosoft A320/A321, Ezdok and much more. Most of the time I don't even know that there is an update. I keep a list of addons and would frequently google ______ update from the time I realised that there was an update for REX that came out 6 months ago. 

Most of the time I would google the updates but most of them just don't show up such as the Lionheart Quest Kodiak and the Aerosoft A320/A321. The only way I found out about was when I changed computer and when I saw a FroogleSIm video about the new Aerosoft update. 

I was lucky enough to get emailed about updates such as the new FSPassengerX 2015. I do source around in forums but most of them have many sub forums that are tricky to navigate and I don't want to post a new topic every now and then asking whether there is an update :P

So my question is how do you guys keep track of your updates? It would be a waste of money if I don't know about new updates (such as the Ezdok 1.17 and 1.18.5 update, which I had no idea abut until I watched a video by Matt Davies)

Thanks,

Aaron.  :lol:

Almost all add-on software that I have purchased send me emails informing me of Updates, or they are published here.

Almost all add-on software that I have purchased send me emails informing me of Updates, or they are published here.

I'm not sure but I did not get any email updates from Aerosoft, PMDG, REX etc. Is it normal to get email updates or is there something wrong with my account or something? 

Thanks,

Aaron.

asn  and rex4  and pfpx   you get  the updates   when you run  the the program  same with  pmdg  if  you run the oc  you will get  the notification  to update, same   with orbox  products   if  you run  the new v2  it  will tell you what products  that need to be updated

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Aaron:

Keeping up with all the software updates is indeed problematic. I do setup reminders in my calendar to check for updates on most of my addons every two months.  So far this has worked well for me.

My biggest problem is with Aerosoft Airbus series.  Since the release of version 1.30 of both the A318/319 & A320/321 they have come out with four hotfixes.

Following their instructions to install, I find some files in the hotfixes are actually older then the files they are supposed to replace.  Always ask myself if I'm reading too much into the install and just go ahead and do the update and hope for the best or is it just sloppy work on their part to include older files.

Anyway, I can only suggest you find  a way that is most comfortable for you as a reminder to check the web sites for any addons you have.

Good luck

Bob Demarest

Knoxville, Tn.