Sign in to follow this  
TristanAbyss

Uninstalling ORBX FTX Vector in P3D2.4

Dear simmers,

I have several ORBX products installed (Global, Vector, LCEurope, FTX Australia, FTX England/Wales/Scotland and a bunch of airports) and am quite happy with the looks of it. But while using demanding aircraft ( e.g. PMDG777) I am experiencing sometimes OOMs, ironically especially when I approach ORBX airports. This is very annoying after a Long Haul Flight....

I learned that ORBX Vector uses quite a lot of memory, and I still only use the primary roads option (secondary, tertiary roads disabled) and therefore I would like to uninstall Vector to see the difference. But I am unable to find any uninstall-program within my data folders. Are there any ways to safely uninstall FTX vector? I do not want lower my  LOD or other details anymore to avoid the OOMs.

Another oppertunity would be, as I am using the Simstarter programm, to disable the corresponding vector files, but where to locate them?

Thank you very much in advance !

Tris

I do this using SimStarter. All Vector entries are under

\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR

There are four entries to deactivate. I leave the fifth one "VECTOR_AEC" active, as these are the airport corrections which might be useful.

On the other hand, there have been posted official de-installation instructions somewhere on the ORBX forums.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Hi Michael, I have simstarter but cant see how to disable vector files? Don't appear in the scenery or xml manager? How did you do it please.

Thanks for the help in advance:)