Sign in to follow this  
Raufvogel

FMC-CDU decent warning

During the perfect practice ILS landing with a 777-200/LR/F from KLAX 07R to Bop Hope KBUR 08 ILS 109.50/079 suddenly just before landing an alarm sound, plus warning in the CDU, it may be that a 777 here may not land because he is too big?

CDU warnings, AUTOPILOT DISKAUTOTHROTTLE DISK and NO AUTOLAND

FMC-CDUwarningeff75.png

I'd still like to know just what is the reason for the alarm.

The loss of autoland is obviously due to the loss of AP and A/T; but why those disconnected could have been due to any number of things.  First thing you should look at when the question is "why is it doing that?" is the FMA, which indicates the mode that thrust, pitch and roll is active.  Also, you didn't mention how you configured the flight from KLAX to KBUR, if proper approach speeds were selected, etc.  It would be guessing to imagine why you were surprised by events.

The length of runway at KBUR is probably not the issue, if you had it selected in the FMS and approach/landing checklists completed.  A very nice short trip for that part of the world is KLAX-KLAS... and it's very rare that KLAX is using East traffic flow.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thank you for replying.

I have the landing well accomplished, AP and glideslope worked well, but AUTOTHROTTLE did very strange, the engine would still go on, I'm talking about a few times, and especially the first time the 777 just kept flying after landing, and collapsed the plane down ...

I keep the settings in the eye this time, the next time to KLAX 07R - KLAS - Mccaren 01L ILS 110.10 / 013   :p0502:

Do you disconnect the A/T and AP manually on the FCP with your mouse? If you do, those two top messages will pop up with an audible alarm. The FMC has a keyboard command page that you can set AP DISCO and A/T DISCO shortcuts on your keyboard. This simulates the way the real airplane works where you two buttons on the yoke are used to disconnect both auto flight systems. I would probably just read the manual, should explain how this works somewhere. 

That's right Kylan, I've just before the ground approach disconnect the autothrottle with the mouse.

AP late I always turned up after landing. (?)

I must get this keyboard commands, thank you very much for this useful tip.  :rolleyes:

(for the flight to KLAX - KLAS i have to use today the 25R directions because the wind, haha)

Hey Kylan is this FSX-se SHIFT+R  command what you meant by the ON or OFF switching of the autothrottle buttons  :blush: 

Autothrottle-arm.png

Nope, the PMDG 777 FMC has a page in it for assigning keyboard commands. I haven't flown it in a long time but I think it was under MENU > FS ACTIONS in the FMC

Thank you, I found it, it is the same command as in FSX-SE  B) 

FMC-CDU, MENU, PMDG SETUP, OPTIONS, KEY COMMANDS, AUTOFLIGHT - PAGE 1/7
AutothrottleARML-R.png

I thought it was something like ATS DISCONNECT or AFS DISCONNECT. First press disengages respective autoflight system, second click cancels warning and extinguishes message. 

and it's very rare that KLAX is using East traffic flow.

Dan

KKAX is in east operation for landings between midnight and 6:00 am. During that time period only the two south runways are used. Landing are to the east and takeoffs to west. It is called an over the ocean flow. I don't know exactly how long this has been done but I believe it has been that way for decades. I am surprised that two planes have run into each other.

is in east operation for landings between midnight and 6:00 am. During that time period only the two south runways are used. Landing are to the east and takeoffs to west.

Thanks Michael!  That makes sense.  I've known about the nighttime procedures but didn't connect the dots. Looking at Flightaware this morning,  arrivals use something like MOOR3 or RDEYE2 landing East and West departures use LOOP7 or OSHNN4.  I see the they use a left downwind such as RDEYE2 and a left upwind departure such as LOOP7 and the procedures provided more than adequate vertical separation between arrivals and departures.

Dan Downs KCRP