Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

FS9-Toronto CYYZ 06L approach and landing/taxi sequence....

Coming in for the 06L runway, approach/final/landing/taxi-to-gate

Hope you enjoy!

FS9/REX 2004 Extreme with Overdrive/Active Sky Evolution/Ultimate Terrain (UT) for FS9 with night lights enabled/

While recording, after landing, I pressed the / key to drop the spoilers...but they didn't on the aircraft...so nope...didn't taxi to the gate with them deployed on purpose!  LOL.

(These are night scenes, so I suggest you adjust your monitor brightness/contrast settings as required and better if you single-click the picture to bring the largest detail to view)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

torontoland1ffba9.png

torontoland2680e3.png

torontoland3e0c19.png

torontoland4ef49d.png

torontoland5f0794.png

torontoland639062.png

torontoland75ad6b.png

torontoland8ab444.png

torontoland9a3dc4.png

torontoland10662fc.png

torontoland12.png

torontoland13.png

torontoland14.png

torontoland15.png

torontoland16.png

Nice night shots. I am also a night flyer.

Cheers

Pierre

Nice night shots. I am also a night flyer.

Cheers

Thanks,  since installing UT for FS9, those street/highway sodium lights, lit road traffic, and lit ground textures have made all the difference for the PM hours within FS9......absolutely!

Outstanding night shots.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Outstanding night shots.

Thanks, Pugilist...doing a fair share of my flights with FS9, in a dusk-to-night time slot.  Pretty much as I enjoy my time with XPX.35.

Mitch love the dusk to night flying.  Since I just finished installing FS9 again it is hard to beat the night lites.  Hey! guess by the time you read this you will have reached the 5000 award...Congrads. 

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Mitch love the dusk to night flying.  Since I just finished installing FS9 again it is hard to beat the night lites.  Hey! guess by the time you read this you will have reached the 5000 award...Congrads. 

Hi Carl, and thank you... oh my....5,000 posts....I wonder what does that equate to, in hours per finger tip action, or cups of coffee brought up to the lips....along that 5,000 post trail... :lol:

Carl, you know...when I read a post of a user so excited to tell the members, that he/she has 'moved on' from FS9...and 'here's the reason why',...well, I truly think at that time, that he/she has lost the benefit, of having a flight simulator that, no matter what system configuration they have (at the time of this posting...), it will be the ONLY sim released to market to date, that will give them 100 percent total, fluid flight animation visuals, and will not possibly CTD, because of exhausted system memory resources.  I have proven to myself, that with the help of 3rdP software (whether commercial, freeware, or donation-ware) you CAN bring the visuals of FS9 (FS2004), so close to that of FSX, that users truly can joke about the v9.9 moniker as their new version number!!!

This posted approach, final, and touch-down on the numbers of 06L in Toronto, was the end of that flight yesterday in real-time, that had me drop like a stone about 1/3rd the flight path, with recovery.  Just after that, with going through some great...no...fabulous cloudscape, brought on by the REX2004 Extreme/Overdrive and Active Sky Evolution (FS9 mode) handshake, that I just had to see them at Dusk. Man,...that created the post of those two shots, just after having gone to Dusk. Dusk vetted into night...and we finally came over Hamilton, Ontario, as we were being vectored into the A.I. traffic volume for the approach to 06L at Pearson.

Carl...the immersion level was simply amazing, in that there was not one stutter, one burp, to blow the linear illusion of flight.  I have my FPS locked to 30, but they could well be pushing 100, if I let them. The meaning here...is that wing dips and movements LOOK like they are being effected by the live, fluctuating air mass surrounding them, and not by the computer system resources.

I believe, that this is the most subtle...but...the most important visual that can be generated in a flight sim. To see that slightest fluidly-animated dip of the wing(s) as ASN puts in weather metrics in real time.

I also believe, that no other sim at present, has the color palette that LOOKS like the real world, at altitude, 8,000 feet AGL and up (my personal estimation in play, here) and being that that is where your commercial flights are going to be operating from. FS9, IMPO, is the only sim I'd use for commercial flights, and for the long haul, (no worry about memory resource failure at 32 bit.)  As to the texture visuals of the sim, you can mix different files from different programs, by injecting them into the Scenery/World/Texture folder by hand, and not by the use of each offering's configuration screen. It takes time, to seek/track down and identify what is needed to go in, and visual confirmation being included there...but once you have the 'user custom injection', it only takes a back-up of FS9, to lock in that look for and and all, future re-installs.

My 'version' of FS9, to me...is simply so fabulous now...that honestly, it is the first sim that I fire up each morning based upon animation performance....(yep...with an eventual setting to Dusk and beyond).  Also, with Ultimate Terrain, and its excellent night envisage lighting system in use....some of my approaches, touches the look of HDR mode, in XPX.35...which is the water-mark (hand's down) that all night life visuals and approaches to the active, should be judged by.  I have a screen post here, of my approach to KFNT...that looks exactly, like I was shooting it, with XPX.35 (all stated with UT for FS9 (night lighting enabled))...and THAT blows my mind...for a sim some call the honorable grand-mother of FSX and P3D.

So...like me, you are again, rediscovering this grand dame of flight simulation....all of the great add-ons, the great commercial freeware and payware...and scenery packages such as Toronto's CYYZ shown in this post at taxi sequence.  The bottom line, Carl?  The bottom line, is with system storage so cheap these days...why in the world, would someone remove their fully mature, and loaded-in FS9....ONLY, because they made the user decision to install another sim platform onto their system, and its usage.  I scratch my head constantly over this.... 

I have FS9.9,  FSX:MS/DX10 Steve ,XPX.35, P3D v2.4, (all in order of when they were by time-line, installed), and cycle through them all, in any two day time cycle. Each one has its strength over the others. Each one does.

I will finally make one more personal observation...that if someone is going to use, and enjoy FS9.x....then they should have BOTH B.E.V. and Ground Environment Pro upon their systems.  That gives you the greatest flexibility to create the personal ground 'view' of all.  They are both excellent programs for FS9...and they DO...differ in their content, and visual graphical approaches to the sim.

Carl...glad to see you having it back on the 'books'....  Personally, I am having a blast with it....and as soon as I post here...am going to fire the gal up....and take a flight from Las Vegas (KLAS), to Flint-Bishop (KFNT) in real time with that WestJet 737-700. I own the iFly...and have to get back into that cockpit...with manual in my lap, lol!

Cheers, and oh...if you do start playing around with texture file combinations (remember..by hand, not by configurator)...PLEASE DO post to the Screen Shot Forums, your project...it's great to see efforts from others...and to exactly what look/needs, THEY deem of priority for FS9.x  Please do!  

Carl...please post some of your favorite FS9/UT night approaches and touch-downs. It would be great to view!!!!!!

Now...to Las Vegas, then touching the numbers in the most beautiful State of Michigan (HOOZAH!)

Cheers! :American Flag:

Well said there Mitch.  I know over the years you have had a great gift of describing your enjoyment in the flight sim world.  I am still in the process re-installng everything I had in  FS9 after reformat.  I just finished adding 9 Dragons, UT, and GE with QLRP4UT (to get my bridges back in UT). Unffortuantely I never did find BEV so will purchase it again. I did a test take off and landing at VHHX at dawn. It was  breath taking. By the way in that sudden drop you got I always get those because of inexperienced piloting. Time to go back and finish fine tuning FS9.

By the way great post and don't worry I will never reach 5000 in my life time.  Heck it took me over 10 years to reach 1000.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Well said there Mitch.  I know over the years you have had a great gift of describing your enjoyment in the flight sim world.  I am still in the process re-installng everything I had in  FS9 after reformat.  I just finished adding 9 Dragons, UT, and GE with QLRP4UT (to get my bridges back in UT). Unffortuantely I never did find BEV so will purchase it again. I did a test take off and landing at VHHX at dawn. It was  breath taking. By the way in that sudden drop you got I always get those because of inexperienced piloting. Time to go back and finish fine tuning FS9.

By the way great post and don't worry I will never reach 5000 in my life time.  Heck it took me over 10 years to reach 1000.

Dang!  (rubbing hands..) 9 Dragons...I have that installed, and sorta forgot about it. I also have Kai Teck (sp?)...with that dog leg approach... I remember how great that was...and WILL BE AGAIN. Thanks for mentioning that!  About that QLRP4UT....please explain...you're right...no bridges...

Post Edit:  Carl...you KNOW that you have your BEV files in a install folder, somewhere. You would not have deleted a paid-for program...so..they are somewhere in your house, in a drawer, lol....onboard a hard drive resting is a closeted system....but they are there.  I'd rip the house apart, before I paid out again, LOLOLOLOL.    THEY ARE THERE....!  Oh...yeah...and as SOON as you pay the coin for a re-purchase...the original-purchase files are going to drop into your lap, from the ceiling...with Murphy laughing is a** off....you know that...er, right?!?

Cheers,

Mitch

Very nice shots!  My home airport.  That's actually a very accurate depiction of how Toronto looks at night.  I know on another thread, several members said night lighting should be white, but here in Toronto, that's how it looks at night.  All our street/highway lights are red/orange/yellow.

Very nice shots!  My home airport.  That's actually a very accurate depiction of how Toronto looks at night.  I know on another thread, several members said night lighting should be white, but here in Toronto, that's how it looks at night.  All our street/highway lights are red/orange/yellow.

Maurice, did I rattle your windows in the fly-over?!?   Sorry!  :)

Mitch

Maurice, did I rattle your windows in the fly-over?!?   Sorry!  :)

Mitch

LOL.  You wouldn't believe how loud some of the take offs are.  Not sure which runway, but once in a blue moon, the heavies do rattle the windows during take off.  I can hear the windows rattling from downstairs.  When you're outside... Loud!

I also notice during heavy rain/storm and sometimes overcast, the heavies fly very low over my house after take off.  When the wind direction is just right, the air outside smells just like an airport ha ha.

Dang!  (rubbing hands..) 9 Dragons...I have that installed, and sorta forgot about it. I also have Kai Teck (sp?)...with that dog leg approach... I remember how great that was...and WILL BE AGAIN. Thanks for mentioning that!  About that QLRP4UT....please explain...you're right...no bridges...

As I remembered UT usa did not show any bridges. I noticed the problem when I took off at KSFO and then I said where is the Golden Gate and other bridges at SFO.  There were no bridges in major cities. then I remember the addon QLRP4UT which I did have.  Just do a search.  I think it costs ~ $10 but well worth it (IMO). The landing at  KAI Tak is very difficut to say the least.

Carl