Sign in to follow this  
johnbla

Win 8, I've had a gut full; Win 10 anyone?

I've had a gutful of Windows 8. Twice tonight I was on finals and both times I lost the yoke on finals. Yes, I have the yoke configured in FSUIPC with the controls turned off in FSX.

I don't want to go back to Windows 7. Can anyone recommend Windows 10? I have heard that you do not suffer the dreaded joystick disconnect with it.

Also, does anyone know if you can just keep updating it until the final build?

Thanks

John

Win 10 has no problem with Joysticks for me. I'm planning a complete reinstall based on windows 10 preview builds as I read somewhere that you can update it to the final release version.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

If the EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled registry setting doesn't preexist in the registry for your device, then this workaround is not applicable to you. You probably have some other issue.

Most USB hubs do not have this setting in the registry. If one has a hub with this setting it's worth a try. 

I installed windows 10 over a brand new MSI gaming laptop with windows  8.1 already installed last January and its under gone 4 windows  updates mine is version  10.0.10061 I believe is 10.0.10074 and is already trying to autoupdate. As i work on remote Barrow island the intenet is a little slow so i expect it to be uploaded any day. this is an auto process .

I have had no yokedisconnections whatsoever. Took a gamble as i got sick of disconnections. so far the gamble has payed off.

I Have pmdg 777 & 737 ngx on FSX:SE. its been interesting as Steam has been updating and windows as well only down side is after each windows update i have to reenter the  reactivate serial number. 

I can get 14 hour flights on qantas virtual airlines and frame rates are 24 to 40 FPS.  

I have mentioned this before. :rolleyes:

I have been using Win10 since the first Technical Preview, upgrading on each successive build as it is released.  FSX, FSX-SE, and P3D 2.5 all run just fine.  Stable with zero issues, and NO joystick disconnects!

As with any "preview" software there's always a risk, so go into this with your eyes wide open.  I don't believe you'll be disappointed, though... Win10 really is quite good.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

I have been using Win10 since the first Technical Preview, upgrading on each successive build as it is released.  FSX, FSX-SE, and P3D 2.5 all run just fine.  Stable with zero issues, and NO joystick disconnects!

As with any "preview" software there's always a risk, so go into this with your eyes wide open.  I don't believe you'll be disappointed, though... Win10 really is quite good.

with windows 10 with each windows update you dont need to reinstall drivers for graphics cards. As Doug said there is always risk with preview software. Its stable in the fact the pillars of the operating system work over P3D, FSX :Se, FSX with no yoke disconnects thats a plus.

theres a lot of mention outside the sim community that they like the new windows  interface or dont like the new windows interface etc etc.  which doesnt really matter as long as your on final and suddenly  you dont loose yokeand or rudder/throttle function which WAS a pain...... 

i have been using windows 10 as well since the first preview with no problems,i am buiding a new x99 rig tomorrow, and windows 10 will be installed on it,if the release date is true, we are only about 60 days from rtm. i too have been doing a few long flights in the pmdg 777, the longest one for me was 13 hours

i have been using windows 10 as well since the first preview with no problems,i am buiding a new x99 rig tomorrow, and windows 10 will be installed on it,if the release date is true, we are only about 60 days from rtm. i too have been doing a few long flights in the pmdg 777, the longest one for me was 13 hours

Have no fear you have made a good choice

well in windows 10 with the fsx-se the mouse doesn't seem to work in full screen,must be something to do with the aero glass included back,this didn't start until build 10074,any suggestions would be appreciated

well in windows 10 with the fsx-se the mouse doesn't seem to work in full screen,must be something to do with the aero glass included back,this didn't start until build 10074,any suggestions would be appreciated

Im still on previous build 10069 so dont have an issue> mose is  a little unresponsive at times maybe you need to re install the mouse driver ^_^

ask microsoft if there is a fix or if they are aware of this ....

I installed windows 10 over a brand new MSI gaming laptop with windows  8.1 already installed last January and its under gone 4 windows  updates mine is version  10.0.10061 I believe is 10.0.10074 and is already trying to autoupdate. As i work on remote Barrow island the intenet is a little slow so i expect it to be uploaded any day. this is an auto process .

I have had no yokedisconnections whatsoever. Took a gamble as i got sick of disconnections. so far the gamble has payed off.

I Have pmdg 777 & 737 ngx on FSX:SE. its been interesting as Steam has been updating and windows as well only down side is after each windows update i have to reenter the  reactivate serial number. 

I can get 14 hour flights on qantas virtual airlines and frame rates are 24 to 40 FPS.  

I have mentioned this before. :rolleyes:

You have internet out there:?  :)))))

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrow_Island_%28Western_Australia%29#/media/File:Barrow_Island.png