Sign in to follow this  
bönan

JF Fokker F27 released

JustFlight's Fokker F27 was just released. Anyone tried it yet? I'm almost about to buy it but previous experience with JustFlight products (Dc-6, Constellation, Viscount etc) puts me off. I wonder if this one may be better though?

There's a youtude video thats been out for a month or so. It was done by a beta tester I think. JF is improving.

Dwight Heyer

Just bought it(forgive the pun!).

Did a quick flight around the default Air Force base in P3D. Had one issue that on landing pressing F2 to reverse engines does not seem to work. Even using the 2 feather engines lever,  with throttles pulled back it seemed to carry along the deck for ages. Applying brakes via joystick made no difference. FPS seemed adequate. Textures seem okay.

I think this is the video,the guy reviewing is I believe an qualified pilot so should know what he is Talking about,He has some good video,s on his channel

peter

Just bought it(forgive the pun!).

Did a quick flight around the default Air Force base in P3D. Had one issue that on landing pressing F2 to reverse engines does not seem to work. Even using the 2 feather engines lever,  with throttles pulled back it seemed to carry along the deck for ages. Applying brakes via joystick made no difference. FPS seemed adequate. Textures seem okay.

Not sure but i think there is no reverse on this aircraft......

Real Deraps

Not sure but i think there is no reverse on this aircraft......

Okay, that explains why pressing F2 had no effect. I'll buy that bit what about slowing down using a joystick break or using F1 to cut throttle. It still had no effect till I pulled the feather levers back which while landing is difficult to do  as one has to wind the VC view way back to see these. May be practical in a 2-man crew scenario but not in a sim.

Loved the mail title "meet the fokker" like the movie. Instant purchase! love the classics!

Alexander Colka

I think this is the video,the guy reviewing is I believe an qualified pilot so should know what he is Talking about,He has some good video,s on his channel

peter

Great video link, Peter. Thanks.

I just bought it, 20 min test fligh in alaska and I have to say is a big step for justflight, nice vc, nice fde, complex system and very very fun to fly.

Nice video - nice plane!   Very reminiscent of Rick Piper's freeware HS748, which also has most of the things he raves over, like water-meth, fuel trimming and a quirky autopilot (I'll concede that it's not as pretty though).

For someone who has it, does the IAS mode on the autopilot work?

The Dart engine on the HS748  had a ground fine position which when selected basically turned the prop flat to the oncoming airflow which was like having a massive set of airbrakes

Its a long time since I worked the engine but I think the engine was started in this position also. So I guess the F27 was the same looking at the video

Pete Little

does the IAS mode on the autopilot work?

Doing the Tutorial Flight right now. Climbing to cruise at 20k. Will let you know later

Nice video! Can't stand the loopy sound of the engines though.

Guest Mik75

Very nice video preview! And overall, this release looks quite appealing! ;-)