Sign in to follow this  
tonywob

XP10, VFR in the Czech Republic

Here are some screenshots of a flight I did from Jihlava to Prague in the Czech Republic 60nm. This is using a new autogen algorithm and art I'm working on for World2XPlane, and coupled with ZL16 photo scenery, X-Plane 10's fantastic lighting, this effect is very nice. Anyway, enjoy. It's was a nice relaxing flight through the rolling hills and small villages all the way to Prague.

Click on each shot to get a full resolution view;

Shortly after take off and heading up towards the town of Humpolec

Alabeo_R66_4.jpg

We join the main highway all the way up to Prague.
Alabeo_R66_5.jpg

Alabeo_R66_6.jpg

Alabeo_R66_7.jpg

Alabeo_R66_8.jpg

I've driven on this motorway a few times, but never realised it looked so nice from above :-)
Alabeo_R66_9.jpg

Alabeo_R66_10.jpg

Alabeo_R66_11.jpg

Alabeo_R66_12.jpg

Alabeo_R66_13.jpg

Alabeo_R66_14.jpg

Although 99% of the buildings are autogenerated, I've taken the industrial buildings straight from OSM, as they generally match up quite nicely. 
Alabeo_R66_15.jpg

Alabeo_R66_16.jpg

The sprawl of Prague can be seen in the distance.
Alabeo_R66_17.jpg

Just on the outskirts of Prague.
Alabeo_R66_18.jpg

Here my journey ended. I landed in the field (the joys of flying a helicopter and not caring about rules ;-)).
Alabeo_R66_19.jpg

Outstanding. I like this autogen direction you're taking.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Bloody Hell this looks real. 

You should give me this autogen I can try it on my laptop I can fly CAVOK . (Desktop is out of commission because my display card went kaput). 

XPX with the visuals is in a league of its own. 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I am speechless! B)

It must have been a great day to fly and the sight was beautiful indeed. It looks sooooo real!

Looking forward to get your product onto my SSD...

Outstanding. I like this autogen direction you're taking.

Really, a remarkable approach that is making XP10 even more the choice for the most natural environment simulation.

Congratulations to World2Xplane! These screenshots are really the most convincing (and most promising) examples of a natural earth representation I have ever seen in a flight simulator.

:rolleyes:

This is the reason why I click the X-Plane icon more and more.Tony, what kind of performance can we expect with scenery as detailed as this?

NAX669.png

Nice, I wonder what it would be like without the ZL16 photo scenery?  Photo scenery is good in EU but hard to find in NA.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Nice, I wonder what it would be like without the ZL16 photo scenery?  Photo scenery is good in EU but hard to find in NA.

The default ground textures in X-Plane are pretty good, I find they work well for Northern European scenery

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

Tony, what kind of performance can we expect with scenery as detailed as this?

In the above on a Macbook Pro laptop, I averaged 30fps throughout. However, when flying over the centre of Prague it dropped to 15fps. I had max settings, HDR, and 20km visibility.. There is still lots to do to optimise it and cities in reality would have less small houses and more groups of buildings together (Think fewer objects, better FPS).

It just looks like X-Plane with nicer, regional buildings, however as is the problem when using the default scenery, the ground textures don't match up (Towns and villages in fields of green, etc). Autogen does look better because the houses have ground textures (I disabled them for photoscenery), and they all face or are aligned with roads so they look less like random objects scattered across the landscape. I've toyed with the idea of changing the terrain textures underneath based on OSM data, but creating textures is super hard work and very time consuming (Of course I'm open to any offers for help)

These screenshots are really the most convincing (and most promising) examples of a natural earth representation I have ever seen in a flight simulator.

Thanks, glad you like it :smile:.

The idea and long-term goal is to be able to fly from somewhere like Norway, all the way down to Spain and have the buildings changing for each country. I'm not really concerned with the US yet, as you already have fairly decent autogen and HD Mesh v3 does a wonderful job of placing it.

Excellent shots.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Nice work Tony.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick