Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Bumped into this on the web?

Hmmmmmmm......

Still working for me, albeit the last few days it's been slow. (I take a look every now and then)

My original link does seem to lead to trouble, though as that page has apparently been modified.

This link to the main site works at the moment (for those curious) http://nexgenflightsim.com/

No warnings from mcafee siteadvisor for me, so don't know what could be up.

They are apparently looking for a site Admin.

Did you click on the original link you provided when you first posted this topic?  Did you click on the corrected link provided by Bert below your OP?  Yes, the link you just provided does work indeed.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Did you click on the original link you provided when you first posted this topic?  Did you click on the corrected link provided by Bert below your OP?  Yes, the link you just provided does work indeed.

The link I originally provided does work, but for me it now leads to a sub-page where a box in the center says 404 even though the rest of the site functionality is available. Just on general principles, its probably better to just go straight to the main page of the site.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Registrant city is Kirkland, WA.  Isn't that like close to Microsoft?

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Registrant city is Kirkland, WA. Isn't that like close to Microsoft?

Aha! You could be onto something there! ;-)

There is a precedent for this of course, with Star Citizen, which is the most successful kickstarter ever, and was also in a genre that was considered moribund. The difference was the name Chris Roberts, and his unquestioned experience as a game creator, and as the man who pretty much created the 3d space shooter genre.

No such name is attached to this almost anonymous effort, and so gathering attention and trust is going to be exponentially harder.

Which is to say that this is probably not going anywhere until this initiative finds some way to firmly establish its ability to do more than talk.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Which is to say that this is probably not going anywhere until this initiative finds some way to firmly establish its ability to do more than talk.

There isn't even any talk!  All the  posts in it forum are  2 months ago and only have one contributor -  the originator.

There isn't even any talk!  All the  posts in it forum are  2 months ago and only have one contributor -  the originator.

The site brand new and is apparently still under construction, so thats not the biggest shocker in the world. I've actually bumped into a few brand new sim sites recently that are in a similar early state. They will either find their feet.... Or they won't.

Devons rig

There's a contact form on that site. Someone should send them a quick message, maybe linking to this thread and see if they visit here?

I'd do it, but well...ya know... ;)

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Hello everyone...

I'm the Next Generation Flight Simulator SIM-Posium designer and creator and wanted to add some clarification to this forum.

The NGFS SIM-Posium has over the past several months been a work in progress. I'm surprised that it was even found by someone. So everything that you have seen previously was 'Under Construction'. In fact the url is now www.nexgenflightsim.com without the /dir/. 

Probably the most disappointing aspect of the comments that I've read on this forum is the lack of understanding of what the NGFS SIM-Posium is all about... it is, first and foremost a SYMPOSIUM, a gathering of like minded people to discuss a common topic. I had hoped that I had made that clear on the Intro Page as well as the "Four Must Reads".

The site officially opened today Monday, May 11th and is available for all to read and register if they would like. Please read -Next Generation Flight Simulator SIM-Posium is now OPEN! - for a more detailed description of the sites purpose.

Thanks, Stephen Borick.

The site officially opened today Monday, May 11th and is available for all to read and register if they would like. Please read -Next Generation Flight Simulator SIM-Posium is now OPEN! - for a more detailed description of the sites purpose.

Thanks, Stephen Borick.

Thanks for stopping by!  :smile:

Devons rig

If I was reading this thread I'd be a bit hesitant to even visit the NGFS SIM-Posium website and who could blame you after all the false conclusions.

I want to make a suggestion that just might make the difference in producing a successful launch of The Next Generation Flight Simulator SIM-Posium.

Visit the site... and if you read just one article read "A Call To Action". 

Reading that article hopefully will take the focus off of "why would anyone take the time to create a site, what's the motive..." and put the focus back on the very purpose of the NGFS SIM-Posium. 

If after reading "A Call To Action" you like what we're trying to do... then, get involved. Join some of the forums, start adding your two cents worth. 

If you don't like what we're trying to do, thanks for dropping by.

- Stephen Borick

Hi,

I've been there, read it all and must say - I'm impressed by the dedication of Stephen - brilliant Idea and I really hope it grows strong - could be our only chance of a "really new FS"

regards

This really took a lot of thought and effort, a surprising amount even. I saw no reason not to join if only to show an interest. People like me however are not the kind of people required for such an endeavour. However there are people around here who could further the aim of the site, I hope they join. It'll be interesting to see if there really is a flightsim community anymore or just a bunch of people independently making money on one side and a bunch spending it on the other. I would probably throw a few quid into a kickstarter campaign if only out of curiosity. I hope this goes somewhere, anywhere.

I do too. Elite: Dangerous was crowd funded and is a fantastic game, small issues but find me a game that doesn't. The flight sim community, I suspect, is smaller, however, so they may have problem finding the funding. I may also chuck then a couple of quid. I feel at this point Dovetail Flight Sim will be more of a general user platform, but we'll find out more later on in the year. P3D does have this licensing issue, and as such developers are also being slightly strange about it (though there are lots of people with academic licenses and doing just fine) so also have some unknowns for lots of people. And XP is good, but also has difficulties and issues. I'm hoping once mobile hits their milestone and go back to full time desktop we'll see resolutions in the areas they find difficult. So I think we should give this a chance. I think most people around here are just wanting a modern FSX and if they can provide that, yee-harr