Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

SP1 Released

FLC holds speed better than before... but on my first flight,  it did not level off at target altitude.

Can anyone make this work?

Bert

FLC holds speed better than before... but on my first flight,  it did not level off at target altitude.

It did not capture for me as well...

Plus I had loads of other a/p issues....

YD still does not display in MFD when selected.

Did not capture the GPS approach - Got no GS.

Among many other things...

And above all Carenado got snippy with me when I was going back and forth with bug issues in the support emails. I am fit to be tied....

can not get the activation to work. always get an error. wrong serial number. coping right of the page  and pasting into the form. 

can not get the activation to work. always get an error. wrong serial number. coping right of the page and pasting into the form.

Are you copying a space accidentally?

For the life of me I cant get it to adhere to altitude (especially desending) - dont know why

Rich Sennett

Hey Bert, have you tried not using the ALT button, and simply setting the AP on, setting your lateral mode, and then pressing FLC.     Carenado get really confused with how these autopilots work;  it's a possibility that the 'level off' is already set when the AP is engaged and FLC is pressed ....... and pressing ALT may then perhaps be deactivating the level off.

Just a theoretical possibility to try out! :smile:

Knowing how the default VS function within FSX/P3D works (in connection to ALT mode), I'd also perhaps try this  ;-

On the ground;  Set FD on, set HDG mode, set ALT button, rotate the VS knob to set a positive vertical speed (let's say 2200 FPM), then taking off, engaging the AP and then pressing FLC.

Also, with Carenado aircraft, you should never press the VS button - it always activates vertical speed with no levelling off.....  VS control comes by default in Carenado autopilots, when ALT mode is on, and FLC is not engaged.

Just thinking aloud really - but some of these problems sound quite similar to the initial PC-12 and S550 AP problems that you and I were looking at a few months back.

The things that I like about the Hawker, I still like. I think that with sp1 I lost a few frames.

I'm trying to use traditional methods of navigation without any docs on how with these avionics.

Simply put, if I want to fly from KTPA-KMIA, I should be able to enter this in the CDU, choose FMS in the PFD, and see a bearing to and distance to the airport. When airborn if the bearing changes, I should be able make corrections and follow the bearing to KMIA. I'm flying manually. I have not even tried using the auto pilot.

Has anyone successfully done this?

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Hey Guys,

After updating to SP1 I am having an issue with my mouse scroll wheel not working within the autopilot panel, strangely it does work with other rotating knobs (the MFD range display and panel lighting display) I've made a short video in hopes it explains the issue better than I can explain it. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Max

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo2PRIFKStM&

I'm sticking with the original I think. If the ap still doesn't work right, there's no point.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The thrill is gone!

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Hey Guys,

After updating to SP1 I am having an issue with my mouse scroll wheel not working within the autopilot panel, strangely it does work with other rotating knobs (the MFD range display and panel lighting display) I've made a short video in hopes it explains the issue better than I can explain it. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Max

When I installed the SP1 version over top of my existing version, these knobs did not work.

After I uninstalled the airplane, and installed the SP1 version, the knobs started to work..

Hey Bert, have you tried not using the ALT button, and simply setting the AP on, setting your lateral mode, and then pressing FLC.     Carenado get really confused with how these autopilots work;  it's a possibility that the 'level off' is already set when the AP is engaged and FLC is pressed ....... and pressing ALT may then perhaps be deactivating the level off.

Just a theoretical possibility to try out! :smile:

Knowing how the default VS function within FSX/P3D works (in connection to ALT mode), I'd also perhaps try this  ;-

On the ground;  Set FD on, set HDG mode, set ALT button, rotate the VS knob to set a positive vertical speed (let's say 2200 FPM), then taking off, engaging the AP and then pressing FLC.

Also, with Carenado aircraft, you should never press the VS button - it always activates vertical speed with no levelling off.....  VS control comes by default in Carenado autopilots, when ALT mode is on, and FLC is not engaged.

Just thinking aloud really - but some of these problems sound quite similar to the initial PC-12 and S550 AP problems that you and I were looking at a few months back.

I am confused as well..  The real world aircraft documentation says that the ALTS mode is activated automatically when a target altitude is selected with the ALT knob.  It should work for Pitch, FLC, and VS modes.

The new Carenado documentation says that VS mode will level off at the selected target altitude.

However, only Pitch mode actually behaves this way in SP1.

I have reported this to Carenado.. lets see what they say..

Bert

For FLC mode,  I believe it is as simple as changing one line in the FLC activation section:

1 (>L:ALT_SEL_ON)  instead of  0 (>L:ALT_SEL_ON).

..and yes, I have reported this to Carenado also.

^_^

Bert

I just noticed that VS and FLC are on at the same time - and FLC should disengage by selecting VS - is this what you are referring to Bert - this bird just keeps climbing and will not descend at all and shouldn't I be able to change Altitude by Altitude selector knob to reduce Altitude - it is not working if so

Rich Sennett

Sigh - that was a bug from RTM version... I even emailed them about it

Hope is lost

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |