Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Anyone managed to fix this issue at Aerosoft Oslo?

This is what it looks like, in this example I'm parked at gate 42.

It's supposed to be fixed looking here but as you can see in the clip above that's not the case here anyway and up to this point Aerosoft's interest in my own post regarding this issue found here has been nil and I started that thread on March 26'th...over one month ago.

Not sure if it's of importance in this case but I'm running P3D 2.5.12945.0.

Richard Åsberg

I have the same flickering even with the new official replacement files.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Ok, let's keep our fingers crossed Aerosoft will eventually look into this because the add-on should be compatible with P3Dv2 according to the product page.

Richard Åsberg

This is excellent news Rob, will give it a try.

Weird though since the instructions that come with the fix ask you to run the config tool after applying the fix. Also if running the config tool breaks the fix how will you change seasons for example?

Richard Åsberg

So I tried re-applying the fix and made sure not to run the config tool afterwards but the flickering was still there. I then tried running the config tool but without changing any of the options but just re-applied my current settings and then the flickering went away!

What I'm thinking now is that maybe you'll need to re-apply this fix whenever you change any of the settings in the config tool. So...once you're happy with the settings re-apply the fix and re-run the config tool and re-apply the settings without making any changes.

If this proves to be the case it sure is a bit cumbersome but at least it'll fix the problem and hopefully Aerosoft (Jo) will be able to come up with a "fix for the fix" that will correct this so you only need to apply the fix once and then you're free to run the config tool as often as you like changing any of the settings in there without risk loosing the effect of the fix again.

Richard Åsberg

Can you tell me exactly how you applied the fix?  The readme.txt on how to install them seems "odd" ... but I followed the process to the letter.

Cheers, Rob.

I followed the readme to the letter and at first I worked and the flickering textures were gone but then later on when I returned to Oslo the flickering was back. I then tried applying the fix again finishing off by running the config tool applying the settings but that didn't help and that was when I reported the problem still exists.

Now when I managed to fix it I did the same thing but what might have been different this time is I didn't change any settings in the config tool before I applied the settings. I'm not 100% positive but I might have changed the season from winter to spring last time.

So in conclusion...this time I followed the readme coping the folders included in the fix into place. The original folders were already renamed and I then ran the config tool and applied the settings without changing them and the flickering is now gone again...at least for now...

Richard Åsberg

I followed the readme to the letter and at first I worked and the flickering textures were gone but then later on when I returned to Oslo the flickering was back. I then tried applying the fix again finishing off by running the config tool applying the settings but that didn't help and that was when I reported the problem still exists.

Now when I managed to fix it I did the same thing but what might have been different this time is I didn't change any settings in the config tool before I applied the settings. I'm not 100% positive but I might have changed the season from winter to spring last time.

So in conclusion...this time I followed the readme coping the folders included in the fix into place. The original folders were already renamed and I then ran the config tool and applied the settings without changing them and the flickering is now gone again...at least for now...

I did exactly this (up to several times), and still have the flickering issue which by now I've learned to live with.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Again............ DELETE the Aerosoft ENGM Oslo Gardermoen and install AoN FREEWARE ENGM it works and is superior to Aerosoft ENGM, as said MANY times before. 

Jack

the Swede in Spain

Again............ DELETE the Aerosoft ENGM Oslo Gardermoen and install AoN FREEWARE ENGM it works and is superior to Aerosoft ENGM, as said MANY times before. 

Jack

the Swede in Spain

Will check that out, thanks for the tip!

Watched a few clips on YouTube and it looks amazing being freeware but at the same time I'm generally a bit reluctant installing freeware stuff since that has messed up my simulator installation more than once in the past. Not saying this would, just speaking generally.

Will keep this one in mind though if the problems at Aerosoft's ENGM return and Aerosoft doesn't address the issues.

I did exactly this (up to several times), and still have the flickering issue which by now I've learned to live with.

Yeah, I've managed to get rid of the flickering terminals before and then the issue returned so let's see what happens this time around...

I know what you mean by saying you learned to live with it, I've come to the same conclusion with some weird stuff with certain scenery add-ons since switching from FSX to P3D but I guess things will be better and better now that more people have started using P3D and developers realize this.

Richard Åsberg

More and more scenery objects seem to be z-fighting in later iterations of P3Dv2.5. Many can be fixed by recompiling the models in ModelConverter X using the correct frame buffers but some larger objects (e.g. terminals) can be a bit more difficult...

I've come to the same conclusion with some weird stuff with certain scenery add-ons since switching from FSX to P3D but I guess things will be better and better now that more people have started using P3D and developers realize this.

IF (and that's a big IF) P3D does become the majority platform, we'll start to see more 3rd party developers start with P3D as the base for testing rather than FSX ... the same process happened with FS9 migration to FSX.  It takes time for the Market to shift ... fortunately like Greg pointed out it doesn't take much effort to fix many of the "P3D compatible" airports being released (ModelConverter X).  But some items will need to be addressed by the developers to make adjustments specifically for P3D ... and that's the hard sell (read no connection between that work and revenue for that work).  Hopefully that changes over time as 3rd party see that folks buy for P3D, but as it stands right now there doesn't seem to be any metric on where products are being installed for those that bundle FSX, FSX-SE, P3D V1.x, P3D v2.x installers (installers can track this and report back to a validation server, but I don't believe they do).

Just takes time for devs to ramp up, adjust, and learn ... as well as those same devs pointing out issues for LM to address.  So it's give and take on all sides.  It'll eventually get there just a little turbulence right now ;)

Cheers, Rob.

On 4.5.2015 at 7:21 PM, JJJackson said:

Jack

the Swede in Spain

Your post is now quite old, but fortunately I found it - I kicked Aerosoft ENGM and installed AoN... not that much differences, but for free + many other airports in norway - just awesome

Thank you!

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020