Sign in to follow this  
Flying Penguin

Good P3D Bizjet?

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for suggestions for good P3D compatible bizjets (whether P3D native or reliably working via EMT).  I'm looking for fidelity and systems over eye candy, so Carenado is not really my bag, and Eaglesoft is a no go as I'm on Windows 8.1, which kind of leaves me stumped.  I've got the RealAir Duke, but am looking for something jet powered between that and tubes...

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Cheers,

Jamie

I think most of us are holding our breath for a possible re release of the Flight 1 Citation Mustang. Another wishlist jet (may not happen in 2015) is the Eaglesoft Citation XLS+ . Sorry ... but I can't recommend anything that is available today.

WAT1460.png

Possible late Fall, early Winter 2015....

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Possible late Fall, early Winter 2015....

Thanks for the update Ron.   :good:

Your XLS+ and the Mustang will get my $$ on RELEASE DAY  :wub:

WAT1460.png

Sounds good Vincent.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

.... sounds like both are definite buys for me too.

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

Perhaps the Lionheart L24 Learjet? http://www.lionheartcreations.com/LJ24B.html

That looks pretty good.  A little bit old school, but in a fun way :)  Quite cheap too...

I think most of us are holding our breath for a possible re release of the Flight 1 Citation Mustang. Another wishlist jet (may not happen in 2015) is the Eaglesoft Citation XLS+ . Sorry ... but I can't recommend anything that is available today.

Well fingers crossed for the Mustang....  The Citation will be a no go unless by some miracle Eaglesoft change their mind about Win 8.1.

Appreciate the honesty about other recommendations, I did suspect it wasn't going to be a long list. 

The Citation will be a no go unless by some miracle Eaglesoft change their mind about Win 8.1

We've not changed policy concerning W8 but we know from those who reclaim their OS that our products are fine in that OS.

From a customer:

Instructions for Installation of ES DA42X on Windows 8.1 machine

My settings:

Intel i7-2600 CPU at 3.4GHz

Installed RAM: 16GB

Operating System: Windows 8.1

Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 750 Ti

FSX Version: FSX Gold with Acceleration Pack

Antivirus: Eset Smart Security 8

1) Disable windows Defender if not disable (Search “Defender” in Start Screen)

2) Disable Antivirus software and firewall (“Temporarily Disable Protection”)

3) Set UAC (User Account Control Settings) to lowest setting (Search “UAC” in Start Screen, change to lowest setting = “Never notify me when: applications try to install software or make changes to my computer, I make changes to Windows settings”)

4) Run Eaglesoft ESDA42X installer as “Administrator”

5) Follow on-screen prompts

6) Reboot system

7) Disable Defender if enabled and Antivirus software again if enabled

8) Run FSX

9) Go to Free flight - > Select aircraft

10) Click “Details”

11) Close “Details” screen and select aircraft for free flight

12) Fly now!

13) Enable antivirus and / or defender at this stage

Look at what that OS requires YOU to do for any software installation. Some say Win10 shows promise..

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

We've not changed policy concerning W8 but we know from those who reclaim their OS that our products are fine in that OS.

Well in which case, I'll have plenty of Eaglesoft products waiting for me to explore when "OS I'm using" and "list of Eaglesoft supported OSes" eventually coincide  ^_^

I've never been had to do any OS specific fiddling for any other add on (and have never chosen on that basis), and I'm not about to start now.  So until our OS paths meet again, all I can do is wish you well  :drinks:

I think most of us are holding our breath for a possible re release of the Flight 1 Citation Mustang.

This is the only option for me. The Mustang's ability to get in and out of airstrips barely 2000 feet long in empty configuration and a 50 per cent fuel load makes all the difference to me. It means that I can fly the aircraft to something like 95% of the total number of airports and airfields in my UK database (including grass strips). I just need Flight1 to sort out the "touchdown and rollout" sound effect issue when landing on grass or tarmac.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

And we wish you and others well Penguin. That specific OS is not something we will ever own or use for Flight simulation. Some wag described it as a windows phone OS :Nerd:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Many other threads to read and one current favourite is Flysimware Learjet 35.

Citation X from Eaglesoft is a beautiful sleek aircraft with complex FMC. Can be a little frustrating and users are currently waiting for a small P3D fix.

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.